Latest Recall Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Recall Update

Received my recall letter of Authorisation from Toyota GB "in reply to my recent inquiry" to carry out the Safety Recall.
    Your nearest Toyota Centre is Toll House, Gatwick, Crawley
    Phoned em & put em straight "my nearest Toyota Dealer is Andrew Rowley in St Albans & my recall was carried out nearly 2 months ago"

Sorted Now tho !!!!!
    All I need is the Official Authorised Toyota Stamp .............

There's Always a Payback.... you just can't see it Comin !!!!
    Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 6 September 2006, 00:02.
    Buncefield Burner

Originally posted by Surferjess
    Received my recall letter of Authorisation from Toyota
    All I need is the Official Authorised Toyota Stamp .............

There's Always a Payback.... you just can't see it Comin !!!!

Heres one, it's a landcruiser one though.....

Comment

I rang TCRelations in March to ask about my recall. Got the 'Yes, It's affected. Please contact a dealer to get the work done' phone call, only for the garage to say mine WASN'T affected, 'as it's a Surf, not a 4Runner'!! (They even had the balls to tell me they were totally different vehicles!)

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I ended up emailing Toyota yesterday, detailing the facts about this 6 month farce, and lo and behold, in the post this morning is a letter detailing what work needs to be done to my vehicle. Just as I'd told my dealership about 5 months ago!!

Not sure how they got a letter to me so quick, or if it was just co-incidence, but as long as the work gets done. Trouble is, I'm not sure if I want it to get done at my local dealer. They've p***ed me about with their dithering, but on the other hand, I want to go in and prove to them that I was right all along...

Hmmmm...
      It just does, OK?

Comment

Go to the garage, and ask them if your truck needs the recall work. When they say no, "cos it's an import mate" show then the letter. Make sure you stand over them while they do the work though. hehehe!!

Comment

I thought about asking them if they were CAPABLE of doing the work, as the letter states that my nearest dealer is Taunton. MILES away!!

I could stand over them, but I'd rather take the courtesy car green laning. Even if it IS a Yaris.......
          It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Heres one, it's a landcruiser one though.....
            Hey Vince, yer a Card !!!!!
            I know yer got it licked too ................
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Schoolboy humour, hehehe!!

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                I thought about asking them if they were CAPABLE of doing the work, as the letter states that my nearest dealer is Taunton. MILES away!!

I could stand over them, but I'd rather take the courtesy car green laning. Even if it IS a Yaris.......
                Dave check out ya nearest dealer or Not here www.toyota.co.uk

There's Always a Payback...You just can't see it Comin !!!! even if it is late
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

My nearest dealer is about 2 miles away, and I've been arguing with them for the last 6 months about getting the work done! That's why I wanted to ask if they were capable of doing the work!
                  It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo

Dave check out ya nearest dealer or Not here www.toyota.co.uk or could they be Physick !!!!

There's Always a Payback...You just can't see it Comin !!!! even if it is late
                    Good Luck
                    Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 6 September 2006, 00:51.
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Bit of a Twilight Moment, there!!
                      It just does, OK?

Comment

Working...
                      X