inner wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inner wings

looking at the truck now that i have nothing attached to the inner front wings i was wandering if its possible to cut them off completely,am i right in thinking that these are not stress points and so dont come into an mot?.
    www.overfab.uk

I have read on Yotatec of a few peeps cutting away the inner wings for clearence etc and have found cracks appearing after a while and now having to strengthen/replace the metalwork .Although not a part of the chassis the body still needs to be strong . The Insurance co may not like less metal in the vehicle structure then was designed (unless you bob it )
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I saw this...http://videos.streetfire.net/hottest...1600099e2c.htm

and thought......hmmmm a flip front Surf!

Comment

I'd do it like the older yank motors when they remove the front clip. Cut it back to the bulkhead, then tube frame fixed to bulkhead and front body mounts to support the wings and grill.

Probably be stronger than stock if done properly, and give you bundles of room.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

see now youve said that tony,its got the old brain ticking,i wanna get the truck on the road.and go play in it,but to my reckoning to cut off the inner wings and fabricate some strengthening,wouldnt take much more than a couple of weeks.especially if i welded the outer wings to the front grill,left the bonnet as is.and used some tailgate rams to open it with.then i could flip the wings and grill forward and open the bonnet normally.at the pull of a cable.
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

BRAKES & STRUT BRACE What next?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
              BRAKES & STRUT BRACE What next?
              ive decided not to touch the inner wings,i wanna concentrate on the exhaust and get it on the road,theres so many things i could do .but in the end to what advantage.ill stick with the original brakes too.if they stop a two tonne truck they should stop this.so just the suspension lift and exhaust.then im done.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
              X