d.i.y manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d.i.y manifolds

does anyone know where i could source.one of those d.i.y exhaust manifold kits.the type used for kit cars.
    www.overfab.uk

I don't have their catalogue ATM lent it to a mate, and they don't have much of a website but try Real Steel in Uxbridge.

Tel: 01895 440505

http://www.realsteel.co.uk/ (for what its worth)
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

You can get exhaust pieces here.....
      http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/custo...=&qty_UA63-60=

Probably work out cheaper to get them made at an exhaust place looking at the prices for each piece!

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
        does anyone know where i could source.one of those d.i.y exhaust manifold kits.the type used for kit cars.
        Was'nt matt able to help you out?
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/produc...029&tlgrp=M029
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Sorry Matt i ment the other Matt (hot rod Matt) from cosham
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
              Sorry Matt i ment the other Matt (hot rod Matt) from cosham
              yea he was able to help me out,turns out that a mate of mine had some cast manifolds in a lock up,but they still dont fit,so i am going to fabricate my own,didnt wanna go down that route,but i dont think i have much choice,
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

nice one cheers matt
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

yea he was able to help me out,turns out that a mate of mine had some cast manifolds in a lock up,but they still dont fit,so i am going to fabricate my own,didnt wanna go down that route,but i dont think i have much choice,

How much clearance do you need, Can't you just raise the engine mounts a wee bit and punch a big bulge in the bonnet?

Comment

the trouble is the four branch manifolds that i have,hit on the upper wishbones,if i go higher half of the engine will be poking out through the bonnet.and i need at least three inches to clear the wishbone mount,the cast manifolds,well lets just say that the left hand bank manifold fits perfectly loads of clearance,no problems at all,but the right hand banks a completly different story,the down tube from the manifold comes out right on top of the steering column u/js (where the plastic cover sleeve is)to use this manifold i would have to remount the steering box,
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

This any help?

http://www.v8engines.com/exhaust-1.htm

Comment

Can't you just raise the engine mounts a wee bit and punch a big bulge in the bonnet?[/QUOTE]
                        tried that with me head vince.dont advise doing it.it hurts.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Another one...http://www.v8tuner.co.uk/product.php?id=476

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            they are very similar to the manifolds that i have.if i could cut four hundred mm off of the depth and reweld they might fit.what i need is a tube that runs across the top of all four ports in one piece,then have the drop tube right at the back.
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

the trouble is the four branch manifolds that i have,hit on the upper wishbones,if i go higher half of the engine will be poking out through the bonnet.and i need at least three inches to clear the wishbone mount,the cast manifolds,well lets just say that the left hand bank manifold fits perfectly loads of clearance,no problems at all,but the right hand banks a completly different story,the down tube from the manifold comes out right on top of the steering column u/js (where the plastic cover sleeve is)to use this manifold i would have to remount the steering box,
                              I'm collecting the bits to put a V8 in my landy so have been investigating exhausts for mine. Have you thought of SD1 manifolds, the downpipe comes out much further towards the back than Range rover ones?
                              Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Working...
                              X