Ebay advice required please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay advice required please

I recently won an item on ebay and now the seller wants me to transfer money directly into his/her bank account.Does this seem like fraudulent activity?I have emailed the seller stating I will only pay by Paypal or PO.

PS No method of payment on the listing just a notice to email the seller for details of payment method,which I did.I smell a rat with this one,cheers.
    Powered by ????

It's not unknown, and is in fact the preferred payment system by a lot of sellers on the continent. It's secure, and generally pretty easy to do. The payment method to avoid at all costs is Western Union money transfer. Don't forget that PayPal have a fee for withdrawing money, and if it's a large sum then it's a big fee.

I wouldn't worry too much, after all if it goes belly up, you have their bank details, and that will make tracking them down a lot easier.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

What sort of money are we talking about. For smaller amounts people often ask for cheque or postal order before sending the item, to protect themselves.

For large amounts I would'nt transfer money directly into their account unless it was a reputable company.
      Brian

Comment

Watch out for the charges when when you do it, the Banks LOVE these transactions

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Panrixx
          What sort of money are we talking about. For smaller amounts people often ask for cheque or postal order before sending the item, to protect themselves.

For large amounts I would'nt transfer money directly into their account unless it was a reputable company.
          £25.00 for a playstation 2 game,it's a barclays bank account.
          Powered by ????

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
            I recently won an item on ebay and now the seller wants me to transfer money directly into his/her bank account.Does this seem like fraudulent activity?I have emailed the seller stating I will only pay by Paypal or PO.

PS No method of payment on the listing just a notice to email the seller for details of payment method,which I did.I smell a rat with this one,cheers.
            I know its not what you want to hear but I always get that side of things sewn up before I bid...........sorry !
            Side mounts are the new top mounts !

Comment

Originally posted by RobD

no chance wouldent dream of paying in to some ones acount but having mentiond that i have done but only after big long conversation and them having top feedback othersise no chance

Comment

If they don't accept a PO or paypal I won't be paying,so it will probably be bye bye ebay for me,but I would rather have that than my bank details compromised.