No announcement yet.

Blackberry PDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The XDA range from O2 and SPV range from Orange are the same devices with very minor differences imho heaps better than the blackeberrys (have used them also). Also the new generation phones, (Nokia "N" range etc), are now seeming to be capable of just as much, reasons for choosing any has got to be:

Which does what you need it to do best?

Which is better for you? Looks, weight, size etc.
    Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

look here for loads of info on all types of xda and its various derivatives

http://forum.xda-developers.com/
      Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

I have the Orange spv m5000, after a few years of trying Blackberrys, Sony Erricson p910i, and Nokia communicators.
        It knocks the lot into a cocked hat, as well as being a mini laptop, I am able to watch films, play MP3s, prepare powerpoint presentations, surf the net, run my e-mails, spreadsheets and word docs, download at 3g speeds, all this in the crew cabin of a fairline squadron anchored in Newtown creek. (Now)
        It also has its downsides, the camera could do with more than the 1.3 mega pixels, the 3g video phone camera is of even lower quality, it is bulky, and the battery life for me is never more than 2 days.
        But for a smart phone/mini Laptop/diary/entertainment device/web browser and functional tool it would be extremly hard to beat.
        Price wise I get mine free as average bill into the £300.00 pcm mark, but anything between there and £350 is norm.

Hope it works out for you,
        All the best,
        Gtdog
        Last edited by Gtdog; 8 September 2006, 01:36.
        Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

Browsing to be avoided

or so I've been told by lots of people,
          Its a handy tool for accessing my mail, although i'm not quite certain what to expect price-wise per month

Don't suppose anyone has a ball park figure for example

5-10 emails opened a day
          in addition to my talk time
          (o2 talk200) +5MB data bolt-on

Comment

Using t'internet alot will cost a bomb (as i have found to my expense!!). However, get yourself wireless broadband in your house, then you can sit anywhere, house or garden and connect up and use t'internet for free all the time!!

Far better idea!

Let us know what you settle on

Mart
            Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

broadband

Originally posted by B16mts
              Using t'internet alot will cost a bomb (as i have found to my expense!!). However, get yourself wireless broadband in your house, then you can sit anywhere, house or garden and connect up and use t'internet for free all the time!!

Far better idea!

Let us know what you settle on

Mart
              Oh its only for use at work or way from home, even I can manage without
              this forum from time to time, its only for mails forwarded on my e-bay sales.

quite victorian on surfing the net in work time, unless of course its
              concerning puppies & kittens
              so asking for a terminal to check my mail became arduos
              hence my enquiry with you lot,

your not all red necks it would appear

Comment

Bye Bye Blackberry

Had enough of so-so advice

o2 admitted they just don't know what the hell they're doing selling them,
                (at least to individuals)

as the things are more a business tool really.

I'm looking at am XDA as suggeted, on cost for one thing, its a bit confusing to say the least

Comment

Working...
                X