www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by slowdown.harrison@gmail.c
      Tell me about these,
      are they practical as a phone in general,
      will they pick up my emails, and allow me access to
      This forum in dull moments

anybody know them
      we had them where i used to work... they told you where all the trailers were each night... um... that was about it!
      Linda has/had one... i think you can get a phone one and a PDA only type that just does email etc.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

as a phone though

though it might be a fun thing to use instead of the phone alone

looks rather involved to set up with though,
        And I don't know anyone that has one

Comment

You'll normally need a Blackberry service to make full use of it.

The one I used to have was a useful phone, good for SMS and also good for email while on the move, most of our firm use them globally, but we also have our own BES service (Blackberry Enterprise Server) that connects the phone to our email servers, web services are OK, but once you have something like this you'll start checking for mail all the time (thats why I needed to get rid of mine).

Best give Vodafone a call, they have a good service and can give some good advice..
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Vodaphone

Originally posted by itbloke@tiscali.co.uk
            You'll normally need a Blackberry service to make full use of it.

The one I used to have was a useful phone, good for SMS and also good for email while on the move, most of our firm use them globally, but we also have our own BES service (Blackberry Enterprise Server) that connects the phone to our email servers, web services are OK, but once you have something like this you'll start checking for mail all the time (thats why I needed to get rid of mine).

Best give Vodafone a call, they have a good service and can give some good advice..
            actually o2 seem completely in the dark on them,

I was wondering who'd be familliar with them, especially as it wouldent' be a corporate device but a personal one instead

Comment

i use something similar but it runs windows mobile 5. its an orange spv m600, does pretty much the same stuff as a blackberry but better
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I don't have a Blackberry device but do have a N90 which you can surf the net very easily. It has WiFi so can use it with any hot spots you find out and about and some are even free. Lots of hotels have free WiFi access for guest's and most bigger public library's have free access too. Oh and it works as a phone too

Comment

Well I bought one and its working (after a fashion)

It recieves a copy of my g-mail
                  has a browser, which picks up all so far but pictures on sites I use

No, before you start, not the MILF
                  ones either.

The phone works well, which is something mentioned by disgruntled owners

Comment

you might need to enable picture downloads... it's just to save time (and MONEY) over mobile network.

check your contract carefully to what you DO and DO NOT pay for...

i.e. browsing, downloading, restricted sites etc.
                    some offer free internet... but it's only THEIR website that's free... until you buy a game/ringtone!
                    (T-Mobile)
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

..........my g-mail

Is that the same as a lady boy?

Comment

actually o2 seem completely in the dark on them,

I was wondering who'd be familliar with them, especially as it wouldent' be a corporate device but a personal one instead

If goin personal your better of with one of the PDAs like the XDAII, Blackberry as stated needs the enterprise service and is usually accounting for company emails.
                        Gaz

Comment

Tell me about these,
                          are they practical as a phone in general,
                          will they pick up my emails, and allow me access to
                          This forum in dull moments

anybody know them
                          All the Companies i visit have stacks of broken ones, Obviously they break easily
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Go for an xda. Does everything a blackberry does only better and its cheaper. I have an exec and run gps on it, memory map (for off the beaten track) and Tomtom. I got mine in December for £100 from the O2 shop. You just gotta argue the price!
                            Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

I've got an orange spv m5000, which is the same as the o2 xda exec. Got it in December for free, and is bloomin marvellous.

Bit big as a phone, but as a pda its ace!!

i use it every day in the house as the internet connectoin through the wi-fi, saves me going upstairs to the pc. seen as how its got adobe acrobat, powerpoint, word, excell, outlook, media player, msn, winzip, etc, its basically a tiny laptop with a touchscreen anyway.

if you have wireless broadband in your house a windows mobile 5 phone is definatly the way to go. a blackberry is only any good if the company you work for is all set up to use them.

The main difference with blackberrys is that they accept "push e-mail" meaning when you receive an e-mail it send it to you straight away, like a text message. whereas with mine you have login whenever you want to check you e-mails. However new software releases have come out in the last 6 months, and all the new windows mobile 5 phones seem to have "push e-mail" now too, so that take away the blackberrys main advantage.

do some research on www.coolsmartphone.co.uk

i would recommend stick to a windows based on, as it will sinc straight to you pc in seconds, swaping all you appointments over, addresses, phonebook etc.

let us know what you decide,

Mart
                              Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Working...
                              X