The Spoggles return from summer vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Spoggles return from summer vacation

Just got back from two sunny weeks of touring Scotland with Mrs Spoggle and two teenage Spogglets and a teenage mate of middle Spogglet. The old girl, thats the Surf not the wife, never missed a beat. We covered 2496km's, dragged a caravan from County Durham up to Blair Athol and then across to Aberfoyle and on to Bambrough then back home. Apart from the HUGE amount of derv we went through I can find nothing to moan about. She got a bit warm once on the way to Bambrough, but half an hour and a drop of water in the rad and we were off again. Fitted a ATF cooler a couple of weeks back and I have to say that the difference was quite noticeable, water temp was much more stable when towing, as was my heart rate. So all in all a bit of good news about a 2.4 for once. Even had a chance to be a knight of the road when we dragged a Corsa (not my daughters this time) out a ditch near Loch Katreen. got too close to a very soft verge and went in well past the axles. But it's back to work tomorow
    Cheers Spoggle

Brilliant! I bet you have a new found respect for your truck now.

Comment

unlike some of us.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

now now dont blame the truck its the winds fault
        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by slim
          now now dont blame the truck its the winds fault

Wind? Must be usin the wrong sort of fuel mate
          Spoggle

Comment