Red Bull Air Race Waste of time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Bull Air Race Waste of time

We have been looking foward to this event for ages and left early this morning. The traffic around Warminster was ridiculous it took us nearly 8 hours to get within a mile of the site. Once we got to the entrance we were then refused entry at our gate and told to go to the other entrace (approx 8 miles away) after a further 2 hours traffic we gave up along with 10,000 other people who all turned round, its now taken a further 3 hours to get home and im fcuked off. Reb bull can suck my fat one.
    Today has cost me £120 in tickets fuel and food and ive achieved fcuk all.
    Kite Surf

My sister took my nephew and niece to one of the Red Bull shows on the Thames a few years back . She stayed 1/2 hour and then came home due to worry of the kids saftey . The crowds were not very well controlled and she felt the kids might get crushed .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I went last year after winning free tickets. Not bad getting in (about half an hour) but getting out was a $$$$$$ nightmare! Took about 4 hours to travel 500 yards! Wouldn't bother again to be honest.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        I went last year after winning free tickets. Not bad getting in (about half an hour) but getting out was a $$$$$$ nightmare! Took about 4 hours to travel 500 yards! Wouldn't bother again to be honest.
        Just got a text from red bull and they have informed me that it was cancelled! Good i say and i hope it costs them shi t loads fo cash
        Kite Surf

Comment

spectating

How close would you need to park anyway to get
          a feel for the action anyway, on the cheap/free

Comment

Yeah I tried to go to the air race today as well. I only live 20mins from Longleat and spent 4 hours in queues and trying to find alternative routes. Gave up in the end, went to Burger King then went home! Whilst I was in Burger King I heard someone say that it had been cancelled anyway. At least I get my money back, except for the 1/4 tank of wasted diesel! There were literally hundreds of cars all over Wiltshire trying to get there - none of them would have made the official start time if it had gone ahead as planned.

Comment

hired a minibus.... £120
              took us 5 1/2 hours in traffic... 3yr olds don't have fun stuck in traffic for that long!
              got there and couldn't park in disabled area, so my mate had to limp down a steep hill...
              spent £5 on a burger and then it was cancelled!!

well out of pocket and pi$$ed off!!

then had to queue to get out again!

RUBBISH!!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

still fuming!

i can understand that the weather was too bad, but there was NOTHING else to do!... the organisation was $hite and i'm surprised there wasn't a riot!...
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I had to do a collection in Somerset on that day. The traffic was solid on the M5, took some of our drivers 3hrs to travel from Newport in Wales to Bristol on the M4 and I heard that the A4 was closed. I went back the back roads to Thatcham via Glastonbury-Frome-Devizes etc and went right past the entrance to the Red Bull Air Farce. Luckily I was only held up about 10-20 mins. It looked like chaos though....

Comment

I went to the Red Bull 'Flugtag' (flying man thing) in Hyde Park a few years ago. Half way there on the bus someone called me and said it was rammed and you couldn't see anything anyway.

We got off the bus just outsided Euston station and chose to walk home (about 6 miles) stopping for a pint in every pub (plus a shot if it was a Wetherspoons).

Red Bull gave me alcohol poisoning and it's all their fault.

I think all Red Bull things are just badly organised. Must be an Austrian thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X