Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutches

Just another quick should I or shouldn't I. Is replacing a clutch something
    an uninitiated one might achieve, or is it a dog of a job best left to a garage?
    Going to whip the clutch out of the Venture to see if any of the local factors
    can find a replacement from the unit itself. If it is manageable, any advice?

Cheers.

Originally posted by MattF
    Just another quick should I or shouldn't I. Is replacing a clutch something
    an uninitiated one might achieve, or is it a dog of a job best left to a garage?
    Going to whip the clutch out of the Venture to see if any of the local factors
    can find a replacement from the unit itself. If it is manageable, any advice?

Cheers.
    matt? ya profile says you have auto???
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Originally posted by slim
      matt? ya profile says you have auto???
      Aye. It's not for the Surf. The clutch is worn on the other vehicle, but being
      from S.A, parts ain't easy to source, so it's going to have to be a case of
      whipping it out and physically taking it to the parts suppliers for possible match
      up. Never done a clutch, though, so wondered if I would be in for a world of
      grief trying it myself. Closest I've ever come to a clutch repair was watching
      one be changed in the Transit.

Comment

ahhhh grasshopper i see now!!

i have done a few clutchs myself on various cars, i would say that they were all easy apart from trying to lift the box back into position when layed underneath the car....

i would say depends on wot facilitys you have and how big the box is and how much it would cost to have the clutch done by a garage, oh and you will need a clutch alining tool!! i have one somewhere if you need one!!

Comment

Originally posted by slim
          ahhhh grasshopper i see now!!

i have done a few clutchs myself on various cars, i would say that they were all easy apart from trying to lift the box back into position when layed underneath the car....

i would say depends on wot facilitys you have and how big the box is and how much it would cost to have the clutch done by a garage, oh and you will need a clutch alining tool!! i have one somewhere if you need one!!
          Cheers. If I decide to take the brave route, I'll probably end up borrowing that
          then, if it's okay? Never used to attempt working on any vehicles until I got
          the Surf. I've got the mechanical bug, now though. (Besides, with the amount
          of work I've done on the Surf, would've cost a fortune for it all doing at a garage).

Comment

If it's rear wheel drive, then it shouldn't be that difficult.
            My clutch aligning tool was a thick broom handle, although I did only use 10" of it!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              If it's rear wheel drive, then it shouldn't be that difficult.
              Yup, it's rear wheel.

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              My clutch aligning tool was a thick broom handle, although I did only use 10" of it!!
              Bragging Vince?

Comment

Well, o.k. maybe 9".

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  Cheers. If I decide to take the brave route, I'll probably end up borrowing that
                  then, if it's okay? Never used to attempt working on any vehicles until I got
                  the Surf. I've got the mechanical bug, now though. (Besides, with the amount
                  of work I've done on the Surf, would've cost a fortune for it all doing at a garage).
                  no proplem m8 let us know wot you decide?

if iam not working or busy i will give you an hand?

Comment

Working...
                  X