MOT brake test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT brake test

As subtly mentioned yesterday my truck passed its MOT.
    But when my lad brought it home last night he said that they were unable to test the brakes as they cannot put a 4x4 on the test rollers.
    Is this commonplace as I would have thought that as I have manual hubs it would have been just the same as any 2 wheel drive.
    Or do I not know what I'm talking about (again).
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

They can do it, 'cos the surf is selectable 4WD, which means the front axle is seperate from the rear. apparently some peoples 4x4s (with center diffs) have been damaged in the past because the rear wheels are stationary when the fronts are on the rollers.

Comment

Mine was fine? Some people dont know there 4x4 from there 4x4??
      What comes around goes around!!

Comment

A 2nd Gen is normally 2WD, so can be treated the same as any lesser car!!
        It just does, OK?

Comment

The garage where I take mine for testing, has a platform set into the floor, a bit like a weigh bridge, that the tester drives onto and stomps on the brake pedal and the braking force for each wheel comes up on a monitor.

Comment

Took mine back today for retesting with the new track rod end on. Passed.
            They never had any probs testing the brakes on her, on the two rollers in the
            floor jobbie.

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
              A 2nd Gen is normally 2WD, so can be treated the same as any lesser car!!
              When I took mine in, they said they needed to take it round the block to test because of the LSD on the back. That is until I told them it was fubbard!
              Jez

Comment

Working...
              X