LED Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Bar

Hi - does anyone know where I can buy a replacement LED bar for the rear spoiler?

Mine only has a few LEDs working.

TIA
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Can't you just replace the LEDs? I reckon that would be easier and a hell of a lot cheaper!

Comment

Hi Vince - the whole thing (I took it out from the spoiler today) looks like a sealed unit, and I can't see a way of getting in to replace the LEDs on their own....
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Hmm, sounds like the LEDs are moulded into the unit to stop water ingress. If you've taken it out, maybe take it to Halfords or any boy racer shop and match it up with one of the after market ones. I doubt Toyota will be able to help 'cos the spoilers are only fitted to the imports.

Comment

Originally posted by itbloke@tiscali.co.uk
          Hi Vince - the whole thing (I took it out from the spoiler today) looks like a sealed unit, and I can't see a way of getting in to replace the LEDs on their own....
          Slice down the seam with a sharp knife. You should be able to pop the casing
          apart then.

Comment

You been on the oysters again Matt?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

So many years of trying to get into equipment to repair it, one gets to know the
              workarounds. When it comes to disassembling equipment, I'd swear the
              manufacturers run a secret sweepstake for their designers to see which one
              of them can make the most inaccessible casing design.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Thats how i open oysters anyway!
                http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

Working...
                X