Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls. help a poor Efrikan surfer!

Hi!
    Yes guys it's me again! Looking for another part no. and so asking if anyone can help me:

A wide pipe comes out of the air filter box and then joins the air intake pipe over the engine block. Well to make the join of the two pipes a flexible rubber union is used - this is the thing I am looking for a part number for.

Sorry about the very untechnical explanation of my problem but mine has split and is being held together with duct tape at the moment!

Another problem is the lower radiator hose where it enters the rad - it seems to be "weeping" here - maybe the spring clip has lost it's spring. Now I am wondering if there is any particular reason that Toyota uses a spring clip and what can I safely use instead?

Many thanks to anyone who can, or tries to, help.
    @africa4x4cafe
    [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

This picture was taken before I discovered the split. It's the short rubber union to the left of the air filter box with the two wire screw things on.
    Attached Files
    @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Jubilee clips, or an available alternative where you are, are better than the
      spring clips. With regards to the hose, no idea as to part No., but it should
      be fine with the gaffer/duct tape for a good while.

Comment

Milners www.milneroffroad.com sell the corrugated hose at around £20 its not listed but ask.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

The part number for the hose that runs from the air cleaner hood to the solid pipe over the engine (rad side) is:

17881-54340 Hose, Air Cleaner No.1 - this is the one I think you are after.

Clamps for this hose:
          90460-75001 (you'll need two)

The hose that runs from the solid pipe and connects to the turbo (rad side) is:

17882-54360 Hose, Air Cleaner No.2

Clamps for this hose:
          90460-70002 (you'll need two, although EPC only shows one)

The hose that runs from the turbo to the solid pipe over the engine (bulkhead side) is:

17342-54020 Hose, Air, No.2

Clamps for this hose:
          90467-53002 (you'll need two)

The hose that runs from teh solid pipe and connects to the carburettor (bulkhead side) is:

17341-54010 Hose, Air, No.1

Clamps for this hose:
          90467-56001 Air pipe side
          90467-60001 Manifold side

These are the parts for a 2.4... so should be close...

A model number, and/or plate number... would help
          Last edited by AndyLala; 27 August 2006, 14:08.

Comment

Hey thanks guys! I'm off to Toyota next week for the reacall work so I'll get it sorted then - it has been running with duct tape for a month or so allready and so a few more days won't hurt.

The jubilee clips out here are from China and are a bit $$$$ so will zip ties do?
            @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher
              The jubilee clips out here are from China and are a bit $$$$ so will zip ties do?
              Not really. You can't get them to apply enough pressure for things like hoses.
              They're fine for holding things in place, but not for this purpose.

Comment

We chewed over this one recently:

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=22983

Comment

Thanks to everyone who replied and have just been trying to explain why this is such a brilliant forum to the wife. I mean: you post a question in the morning and by evening you'll have at least half a dozen workable solutions to choose from! It's like having a personal mechanic...

Anyway, it's duct taped at the mo and I'll sort something out at Toyota this week - dealing with Milners or Roughtrax can be a bit long winded especially if they send me the wrong parts like they both have in the past.

So, thanks again and enjoy your Bank Holiday!
                  @africa4x4cafe

Comment

You can always buy two hose clips if the ones you can get are $$$$. That should do the job, or just get some original clips from Toyoya. Or you might be able to get someone from the site to post some decent ones out to you.

Comment

Originally posted by bundubasher
                      Hi!
                      Yes guys it's me again! Looking for another part no. and so asking if anyone can help me:

Many thanks to anyone who can, or tries to, help.
                      I take a guess and say you are living in Zimbabwe. If so, how much is a litre of diesel in Zim dollars? Used to live in Harare, Mutare, Masvingo and a few other remote places in the former Rhodesia at different times.

Comment

Hey howzit!

Diesel is plus or minus 1 US dollar per litre. What that is in Zim Kwacha now, who the hell knows! They keep shifting the goal posts by devalueing the currency (by striking 3 zeroes off) and other such "cunning" tricks!
                        @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Just had a look at your website and it brought back a lot of memories. Great site. Makes me want to return to Africa just to be in the bundu with my Surf and FN. My son is a game ranger in South Africa and is based in KawZulu Natal at I think Phinda game reserve.

Comment

Aha...your choice of small arms gives you away! Did you wear vellies without socks and carry a pack of Madisons tucked in your short-sleeves?
                            @africa4x4cafe

Comment

A recent news story on fuel prices in Zim:

http://www.thezimbabweindependent.co...=6182&siteid=1
                              @africa4x4cafe

Comment

Working...
                              X