X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inna a fuel flap!

Hi again, I am having trouble often when trying to open the fuel
    flap, I pull the lever and the flap opens slightly but not enough to open
    fully, my arms aren't long enough to reach both flap and lever .When I am at the fuel station I have to get the passenger to pull said lever or ask another driver!!! ( usually the gorilla or octopus who often give me looks of 'as 'ees stolen it')
    I presume that this is operated by a cable, is there anyway to tighten adjust it, if so how? does this involve lifting floorboards etc etc etc!.
    Thanx to previous advice I have managed to changed head light bulbs,
    and complete numerous services.!!!

Originally posted by marticogo
    fully, my arms aren't long enough to reach both flap and lever .When I am at the fuel station I have to get the passenger to pull said lever or ask another driver!!! ( usually the gorilla or octopus who often give me looks of 'as 'ees stolen it')
    I presume that this is operated by a cable, is there anyway to tighten adjust it, if so how? does this involve lifting floorboards etc etc etc!.
    Can't remember for sure but look at lever where it goes through the dash I think there is a nut behind there that you can adjust the tension on the cable. Also make sure the lever etc is bolted on properly. I had similar trouble with when i first got it, one of the securing bolts was missing. New bolt fitted problem solved.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by marticogo

I had exactly the same with mine a few weeks ago.. (after it went swimming at Norfolk ) sprayed it up with some WD40 and its bin fine ever since...
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Mine was hanging in mid air when I got it. The gorillas that fitted the fog light not only put the switch wiring the wrong way round (lit when off, unlit when fogs on), but put the screws through the bracket and forgot to do them up!
        Try adjusting at the dash end. If you have to have the, "Floorboards," up, the cable runs in a plastic trunking about 2" in from the lower doorway trims, inside the trim behind the rear passenger seatbelt and between the inner and outer body shell, to the catch mechanism. Wish I had taken pics now when I had it to bits.
        BTW. There is so much spare room inside the conduit that I ran a length of RG58 coax cable, a 3/8 dia radio remote control cable, a mic cable and extension speaker cable. There is enough room alongside the conduit to run 50A cooker cable, for a multiway 12 volt outlet for running accessories. You would never guess that, with that thickness of wire, the voltage at the socket is the same as at the battery!
        I have got to get in there again next fine day, so I will take pics and post on tech' elec'.

Got a bit carried away there!!!
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
        X