The smile gets wider and wider :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The smile gets wider and wider :)

Picked up the surf two weeks ago, serviced in the same week................then had a jaunt down to Bude from Essex, not a blip out of the surf. Comfortable driving all the way there and back, boot loaded up to the hilt..........(with the extra compulsory bucket and spade, fishing net and two body boards) on the way back (for the kids I might add ). These motors are a dream to drive. Left Bude at 6.30pm last night and got home at 11.00pm.........4 and half hours non stop!!!!, now that ain't bad going.
    Not stressed or anything, and breezing along the motorway with cars in the wake, wondering how the $$$$$$ hell a 4x4 is pulling away from them in the outside lane. The car in front is a Toyota !!!..............Surf

Luvvly motors

hows u

hello m8 how you doing . picked it up 2 weeks ago blimy you aint got another one have ya lol
    black n tan
    black n tan
    yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Hi ya m8, how are you doing, well I hope?
      Is the business still going ok.....I hope so.

The surf took a long while to get through m8, cos it had a sports exhaust, so it had to be changed over, and we've been really busy with a house build, so the surf has taken a back seat, and only had a chance to pick it up a couple of weeks ago..................but, I'm already looking at and won a '97 in Japan, so looks like it will be a short partnership ...........but then so begins another

cya m8

Fieldsy

Comment

exaust

buisness closed m8 too many kosovans doin it for nothing . wot did you do with the sports exaust lol im looking for a growler lol
        black n tan
        black n tan
        yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
          Picked up the surf two weeks ago, serviced in the same week................then had a jaunt down to Bude from Essex, not a blip out of the surf. Comfortable driving all the way there and back, boot loaded up to the hilt..........(with the extra compulsory bucket and spade, fishing net and two body boards) on the way back (for the kids I might add ). These motors are a dream to drive. Left Bude at 6.30pm last night and got home at 11.00pm.........4 and half hours non stop!!!!, now that ain't bad going.
          Not stressed or anything, and breezing along the motorway with cars in the wake, wondering how the $$$$$$ hell a 4x4 is pulling away from them in the outside lane. The car in front is a Toyota !!!..............Surf

Luvvly motors
          INTERCOOLED SURFS are very quick, Its great ripping along past others.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

after having 3 intercooled models (and no offence to anyone else) i wouldn't have anything else, the speed and acceleration is well beyond expectations for a 4 x 4. It wasn't even on sports mode, to try and save diesel.

the "growler" m8 is back on, cos i'm getting used to the noise and I'm not sure, but it seems to be better on accelleration.I'll post a pic sly cos its the size of a small dustbin.Its actually a full stainless steel system and I found all the literature on it in the glove box, and I'd be mad to take it off.

as a matter of interest, i found another in japan that has exactly the same system......................bu t i didn't bid cos it was a pain to get through SVA and have an alternative system fitted.........and more cost!!!!!!

sorry to hear about the business m8, hope you are sorted with something else?

cheers

Fieldsy
            Last edited by Fieldsy; 26 August 2006, 15:56. Reason: uploaded other pics in different thread

Comment

Working...
            X