Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing to landcruiser

hi folks,

i would really value your opinion on this cruiser. i'm thinking of changing the surf, not for any particular reason, just fancy a change.

does the price seem ok?
    may go and have a look tomorrow morning so any advice would be great.

thanks again scotty

1994 M Reg TOYOTA Landcruiser VX Turbo Station Wagon5 Doors, Manual, Station Wagon, Diesel, 76,558 miles, Metallic Red, MOT-06-2006, 3 Owners. ABS, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Colour coding - Body, Metallic paintwork, Central locking, Electric windows, Electric mirrors, Cloth upholstery, Foglights, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Front armrest, Folding rear seats, Adjustable seats, Power assisted steering, Radio/CD, Rear headrests. MOT 1 year £7,995.
    Attached Files

Looks good, burgundy ones are more expensive 'cos they're posher!

Have a look on the landcruiser forums for values.

Comment

It looks like a nice Landcruiser. You don't find that many at that age with such low mileage. I would say it is over priced though. I used to work with a mechanic that was from South Africa & he used to rave about these Landcruisers with there straight 6 engines. He said that it wasn't uncommon to find one with a million km's on the clock!

Comment

There's one for sale here, a bit older, but same amount of milage and seems very tidy...

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1174

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
          i would really value your opinion on this cruiser. i'm thinking of changing the surf, not for any particular reason, just fancy a change.
          Hello,

I've always fancied that body style VX - loos like a big Surf to me.

Don't know about the price though - they do come up cheaper, it is a 12 year old car after all.

Anyway, if you want it go for it - still a Toyota init!
          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            There's one for sale here, a bit older, but same amount of milage and seems very tidy...

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1174

Looks like they forgot to paint the top half of this Landcruiser!!!

Comment

Or the bottom!

Comment

Depending on engine size , Glasses guide gives £5975 as dealer retail on a 4.2 diesel VX manual with 95,000 on clock .If it gets written off you will only get top retail if your are lucky . We (Insurance co's) would use private sale as a starting point which is £5465 .
                Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Looks a bit expensive to me, I'm selling a late 93 with full leather 7/8 seats, and it will be priced at £5995.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Landcrusier

Hi l have had this one for just over 10years now and l would not change it, it has been the best vehicle l have ever owned mine has one thing more that the other one has not got and that is a built in TOYOTA winch.
                    Attached Files
                    Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                      Looks a bit expensive to me, I'm selling a late 93 with full leather 7/8 seats, and it will be priced at £5995.
                      how does this compare to yours andy, milage wise, because i will go and look at this one as well.

should i worry to much about millage on these beasts?

sorry about all the questions, but, can you tell what diff locks are on a LC.?

1993 L Reg TOYOTA Landcruiser GX Station Wagon5 Doors, Manual, Station Wagon, Diesel, 121,000 miles, White. ABS, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Child seats, Cloth upholstery, Colour coding - Body, Electric windows, Electric sunroof, Extra seats, Heated seats, Limited slip differential, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Radio/Cassette, Tinted glass, Towbar.Insurance Group:12, £5,995.

thanks again scotty
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
                        how does this compare to yours andy, milage wise, because i will go and look at this one as well.

should i worry to much about millage on these beasts?

sorry about all the questions, but, can you tell what diff locks are on a LC.?

1993 L Reg TOYOTA Landcruiser GX Station Wagon5 Doors, Manual, Station Wagon, Diesel, 121,000 miles, White. ABS, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Child seats, Cloth upholstery, Colour coding - Body, Electric windows, Electric sunroof, Extra seats, Heated seats, Limited slip differential, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Radio/Cassette, Tinted glass, Towbar.Insurance Group:12, £5,995.

thanks again scotty
                        Mileage wise about the same, mine shows 49,000mls but have since found out it's had a new speedo, but you should not need to worry about mileage until it gets to about 350,000.

The diff locks should be standard on the front and rear, and you might have a centre diff lock switch, if not it's just a case of getting the switch and plugging it in.

Also the one your going to see is an import (I think), nothing wrong with that but it might cost a little more to insure, think you can tell by the non sliding windows in the rear and of course a bumper mounted fog light.

Comment

update;

went to see the 2 landcruisers today, and was very disapointed.

the burgandy one had a good few chips all around the bodywork, back door didnt close right, glass in wing mirror hanging off and rear light cluster was cracked. to be honest it think it has had shunt up the a*se, it had a dent in the bumper and above that the rear light was obviously new, so i think the back tailgate not closing had something to do with this.

i asked the guy what he would give me as a trade in, out of interest, to start with he offered me 1500 and i told him to stick it. he then phoned me back an hour later and offered me 2500.

in all honesty i wouldnt have done a staight swap for my surf, and that was supposed to be a 8 grand landcruiser.

the white one, holy s**t, back door had been bent at the bottom and no longer lined up with the body work, nor did one of the wheel arches. in the inside there was mould (yes mould) all the way along the top of the windscreen and a serious smell of damp. needless to say i didnt hang about and left.

i cant believe the $$$$ some people are trying to flog, so ill be holding onto my surf for a while yet i think.

chers scotty

Comment

The tailgates bend due to people sitting or standing on them.

Comment

sorry andy, didnt make myself clear, it was the top half of the tailgate, the bit that opens up.

cheers scotty

Comment

Working...
                              X