Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights are on, but nothing else

Hi

I used my cigarette lighter (in dash) the other day for its intended purpose, so took out the power lead that was plugged in, held it in to get it hot, lit up and waited for it to cool down, and plugged the power lead (powers sat nav and cb) and nothing...the clock is still on so the fuse is ok, the light is on in the socket, but no power at all - tried my dash strobes on it too - nothing - where else should I be looking??

Cheers
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Originally posted by itbloke@tiscali.co.uk
    Hi

I used my cigarette lighter (in dash) the other day for its intended purpose, so took out the power lead that was plugged in, held it in to get it hot, lit up and waited for it to cool down, and plugged the power lead (powers sat nav and cb) and nothing...the clock is still on so the fuse is ok, the light is on in the socket, but no power at all - tried my dash strobes on it too - nothing - where else should I be looking??

Cheers

Give the plug a wiggle to make a better connection, mine is temperamental.

Comment

For the fuse? Clock isn't on the same fuse, is it?

Comment

have you tried your fag lighter in the socket and does that still work ok if it does then try unscrewing the end of the plug because there are a small fuse in the end of it i hope this is of some help
        cheers shaun
        NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Cig lighter and clock share a 15A fuse, and the lighter doesn't work anymore either, 10A fuse is ok in the plug too....

Comment

The cigarette lighter also has it's own fuse just behind the unit.

Comment

Great - more dashboard-to-bits fun.....

thanks for the info, couldn't see that on the wiring plan

Comment

Well - I fixed this today and thought I'd post a follow-up...

Took the lighter/socket out and while I couldn't find an inline fuse anywhere behind it, there is a wire that is attached to the back of the unit, clamped onto it about a cm long. This is, technically a fuse, but not in the expected sense, and it had blown (it was no longer in one piece anyway). So, taking some black plastic shielded wire from my big box'o wires in the cellar, I replaced it and put everything back together and...it all works again!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by itbloke@tiscali.co.uk
                  So, taking some black plastic shielded wire from my big box'o wires in the cellar, I replaced it and put everything back together and...it all works again!!!!
                  Have you checked that the house lights still work??

Comment

I'll let you know later - its not dark yet / ?

Comment

Working...
                    X