No announcement yet.

Big Boys Toys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Boys Toys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi all i am thinking of getting a road legal quad to play on does anybody have one what make and model and some sort cost if you dont mind me asking i have seen a few on ebay but not sure so if anybody has bought one from ebay and has been ok let me know
    cheers shaun
    NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Dont touch any made in China 'cos you wont be able to get the much needed spare parts and build quality is mingin.

Comment

Hi, I bought a Honda Big Red off e-bay about a year ago. It cost £1450, hadn't been used a lot and is still going strong although it is an older model. It gets a lot of hard work on the farm.

It is the 4th Honda quad I've had and I think you can't go far wrong with a Honda. My neighbour uses a Kawasaki and has a lot of trouble with it. You just have to be careful choosing one and try to go to see it first. Listen for any 'clonking' when turning in a circle and check for oil leaks. There are younger Honda models (Foreman) I've seen for sale about £2500 - £4500. No trouble getting parts. Happy hunting.

Jacqueline
      Last edited by jax; 23 August 2006, 21:15.

Comment

Originally posted by surfboyshaun
        hi all i am thinking of getting a road legal quad to play on does anybody have one what make and model and some sort cost if you dont mind me asking i have seen a few on ebay but not sure so if anybody has bought one from ebay and has been ok let me know
        cheers shaun
        Hi Shaun, you may find sommat on here www.maverickquads.co.uk hope this helps, happy hunting.

There's Always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

thanks chaps for your help i will keep on looking
          NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by surfboyshaun
            thanks chaps for your help i will keep on looking
            Shaun i will try to get hold of a mate in the next couple of days as he used to have one of those big quads a couple of years back
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

are you looking for a fast one?
              a 4wd farm type?
              a cr ap one?

i'd go for the bombardier DS650... they're awesome! (about £6k)

i had a Suzuki LT-Z400 for a while... was quick (motocross type) i think i paid around £4k for it.

they're tricky to ride cos they've got a solid axle, so you need to either spin the wheel (power slide) OR lift a rear wheel on corners.

Last edited by da SLUG man; 24 August 2006, 19:16.
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

DON'T go for a cheap one!...

they're rubbish!...

my mate had a RAM 250... that was $hite

rule of thumb, if it doesn't look the part and it's made by "mikimoosa" then it's cr4p!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                X