No announcement yet.

wobble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas where he can get a propshaft and how much?

Also while on would like to say how great this sit has ben and I've only had my surf 1 week. Hopefully the questions will stop as I've enroled on a night clas in mechanics.
    And god said...........let there be surfs!

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=25520:grin3:

Comment

Originally posted by clutch
        Hi

Got a wobble on the steering of the hilux, the steering wheel also doesn't sit straight whilst driving, have to hold slightly to the right when driving. Also have noticed that sometimes when breaking the vehicle vears slightly to the right, any ideas, it's under warranty but want some idea as to what the problem is before I take it back. I need a quick response on this as I need to take it in today as I am due to drive down to cornwall on Saturday!!!
        Hi Bud, (not sure if yer up on the Surf Recall for steering rods) well those that are/ or were affected, had a free Safety Check.
        My safety check list had Tyre Tread Depths differing on both front tyres, I thought nothing of this untill I set of for home from the Toyota Dealer, A slight Wobble on the Steering that wasn't there previously.
        Hope this helps. Good luck

There's Always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Surferjess
          Hi Bud, (not sure if yer up on the Surf Recall for steering rods) well those that are/ or were affected, had a free Safety Check.
          My safety check list had Tyre Tread Depths differing on both front tyres, I thought nothing of this untill I set of for home from the Toyota Dealer, A slight Wobble on the Steering that wasn't there previously.
          Hope this helps. Good luck

The tread on my front two tyres are different, I'm wondering if this is having the effect. How did you knoe the surf had been recalled for the steering rod. I did know about it, thanks to the site, but unsure how to check it out. Thanks for the advice!!!

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ghlight=recall

Comment

Originally posted by clutch
              The tread on my front two tyres are different, I'm wondering if this is having the effect. How did you knoe the surf had been recalled for the steering rod. I did know about it, thanks to the site, but unsure how to check it out. Thanks for the advice!!!
              I woulda toldya sooner, but I knew Vince ud be along b4 i'de get me finger to the keys !!!!!
              to Vince

Jesse

Buncefield Burner

Comment

Right it's in to have the lower ball joints replaced now they reckon the steering idler arm is worn.. This just keeps going on and on and on. I got a quote of £70 for one plus VA, does that sound resonable. The mechanic has said it is ok to drive and he would gaurantee it for another year but I'm due to go to Cornwall on Saturday and don't want to take risks on it with the kids.
                ANY ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!!

Comment

dont forget to wave when you get here
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                    dont forget to wave when you get here
                    That's if I get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If the garage has the part there, then have it fitted, otherwise carry on to Cornwall, it'll be fine.

p.s. they're £57 +tax from Milners.

make sure the garage is charging for the idler arm and not just the bushes.

http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php?doc=11&cid=142
                      Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 24 August 2006, 13:50.

Comment

Once again thanks for the advice.

Comment

Hey, no worries, happy to help!

Comment

Just a quick thanks for the advice. Have come back from Cornwall having done about 700 miles in a week with no problems, now I am feeling a more confident surf owner. In fact it is the first car that I have tken on Holiday with no problems. Not to bad on the fuel either, about half a tank to get ther and the same back. Saw so many surfs down thee it was untrue. The weird thing is when I got back I found that there are now 4 other surfs parked in my road or roads off it. They must of caught the surf bug where I live (Dordon Staffs).

Comment

Working...
                            X