Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

isn't it your bedtime over there?

Comment

OK, my only other option would be to sell my baby. It's a m reg 4 runner 3L TD manual. GOod bodywork and if I remember rightly, 80Kmiles. Great running order. How much do you think I would get for it over here? Maybe I could take the cash over. I just don't think I would get alot for it here, but it would cost be a bomb to buy in Oz. ANy suggestions would be greatfully received.

Thanks

Comment

Before you make any rash decisions, might I suggest that you give MSC Shipping a call, they are the 2nd biggest shipping line in the world, with representation both here in the uk and in Oz.

Give my old boss and mate Ben Collins a call on 01394 277777, tell him CTB put you onto him and ask for a quote to ship the surf and your personal effects over by container.

Ask for the best deal possible stating that you know me.

Let me know how you get on.

Comment

HEY! that is fantastic! Thank you so much. That's the best help we have had so far. Ur a star! thanks

Comment

My pleasure, I used to work for MSC untill 2 weeks ago, I quit to relocate, much to Ben's disgust, he is the commercial manager for Australian exports from the UK, as I say mention my name and tell him to give you the best rate he can,

if you need any help, give me a shout, the quote will be in GBP and USD, from Newton Abbott shipment ex Bristol will give you the cheapest haulage rate, all you need do is find somewhere that has a ramp near you to run the surf into, sideloading trailers are an option whereby the container is placed on the ground for you to load, but its a wee bit expensive,

As I said, if you need any help, please feel free to ask

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
              I could be wrong - you'll need to ask on the Aus Surf site, but I think they banned the importing of vehicles over a certain age (10 years IIRC). So you may not be able to take it over.
              I think that its difficult to import from Japan if the vehicle is POST 1990. However if you have been the owner for 12 months, then it can be done as a personal import.....!
              Cheers
              Trev D.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyaj
                Hello people. We are looking to move to Australia in the near future. How would I go around finding out how much it would cost to take the surf over there>?

A lot of people say it is costly trying to export a truck,,,,,,,but no body will say how much.

Most of the advise seems to be buy one when you get their, but G,H,J plate surfs/4 runners are about 5K over their!!! and alot of them are 2.4's too.

I'd love to take my moster with us........

Thanks
                Hi Sparkyaj,

I know it's not Australia but I have some costs from importing my C5 Corvette that may give you a feel for some of the costs involved.

Marine Insurance 1.75% of vehicle value
                Shipping $1333
                Import Agent's Fee £75
                Terminal Charges £65
                10% Import Duty (UK)
                17.5% VAT (UK)
                SVA Test (UK) £150 plus MOT charge of £47 - so car tested twice!!
                Registration Fee (UK) £38

There may be other government charges in Australia that could apply!

Hope this helps a little.
                Brian

Comment

Working...
                X