My modifications.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My modifications.

Heres some pics of my truck having undergone the 2"suspension and 2"body lift,with a set of 33" MT's on 10" rims.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by smiffy; 28 August 2006, 10:54.
    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

She looks the business... its those wheels...i really need to look into this for my beast...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Looks great. It's got me wanting bigger wheels and tyres again now.
      I would have gone for a 4" lift though with that tyre and rim combo.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Looks great. It's got me wanting bigger wheels and tyres again now.
        I would have gone for a 4" lift though with that tyre and rim combo.
        Yeah there's rubbing on full lock,looks like it hitting the sill after removing mud flaps Don't know if it's the off set of wheels or not Thought with the 2" springs and adjusted torsion bars along with 2" body lift would have been enough.??

Oooooops. Just noticed,forgot to put A bar back on
        Last edited by smiffy; 19 August 2006, 13:57.

Comment

Are they rubbing on the side steps?

Comment

No.
            Steps are well clear. Removed mud flaps to see if it would help,then thought it could be the plastic lining inside arch. I'll go have another quick look.

Some pics. should the tyres stick out this far from arches???
            Attached Files
            Last edited by smiffy; 19 August 2006, 14:11.

Comment

If I remember correctly, it's when looking down from above, that no tyre tread should be visible. You can buy plastic arch extensions to overcome this. (possibly even make some from some acrylic sheet)

It definitely looks like they're rubbing on the plastic arch liner, especially when the front suspension is compressed when going over rough ground.

What type of suspension lift did you do? I can see the body lift blocks, but how much of each?

Another way of getting around the rubbing problem is to fit wheel spacers, then you'll definitely need arch extensions.

Comment

If I remember correctly, it's when looking down from above, that no tyre tread should be visible. You can buy plastic arch extensions to overcome this. (possibly even make some from some acrylic sheet)

It definitely looks like they're rubbing on the plastic arch liner, especially when the front suspension is compressed when going over rough ground.

What type of suspension lift did you do? I can see the body lift blocks, but how much of each?

Another way of getting around the rubbing problem is to fit wheel spacers, then you'll definitely need arch extensions.
                +2" rear springs(roughtrax),torsion bar adjusted,2" body lift(danno),recon wheels are sticking out about 2/3"

Can the steering stop bolts be made longer? giving less turning circle but avoiding tyre contact with arches???
                Last edited by smiffy; 19 August 2006, 15:53.

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
                  +2" rear springs(roughtrax),torsion bar adjusted,2" body lift(danno),recon wheels are sticking out about 2/3"

Can the steering stop bolts be made longer? giving less turning circle but avoiding tyre contact with arches???

Ah, so the front has only been lifted by about 2-3 inches then. You could try adjusting the torsion bars a bit more.
                  The steering stops can be adjusted, but I'm not sure by how much. Maybe remove one and take it to an engineering suppliers and get longer bolts to replace them.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ah, so the front has only been lifted by about 2-3 inches then. You could try adjusting the torsion bars a bit more.
                    The steering stops can be adjusted, but I'm not sure by how much. Maybe remove one and take it to an engineering suppliers and get longer bolts to replace them.
                    Cheers Vince.
                    Just went out and adjusted bolts. They were screwed in quite far. No wonder the truck was turning better than a balck hackney. At least that'll stop the tyres hittin the arch on full lock for just now. I'll try cranking the torsion bar up a wee bit as well.
                    Think measurement was 34cm from top of rim to bottom of arch before the lift so may have a 1/2" to gain.
                    Last edited by smiffy; 19 August 2006, 16:42.

Comment

Its looking good the wheels make it
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                        Its looking good the wheels make it
                        Cheers Woodzie and thanks for the advice on fitting the kit. Hows your truck doing? Managed to get the rims for nothing so can't complain.

Comment

Working...
                        X