yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can i get an induction kit and............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can i get an induction kit and............

Hia,

Where can i get an induction kit and stainless steel exhaust system for my hilux surf?

Induction kit, just about any motor spares. SS exhaust:

http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/HOME.CFM

Comment

Thanks for that....Ive just been reading a few topics and im hearing that its better to stick with the standard filter and just replace the filter as an induction kit aint that good????

Is this true and if so should i replace the standard air filter for a K & n one or something just replace it with a standard one ?

Also does anyone know where i can get my hilux superchipped from ?

Comment

K&N = naff

Better airflow for a short while, at the expense of poorer particle filtration.
        After a fairly short timespan, apparently the flow is no better than a bog
        standard filter. If you want improved air intake, modify the air intake to
        reduce restrictions, but keep with a decent type of filter.

(Can hear all the complaining off the K&N folks already. )

Comment

I'm going to remove the drivers side battery and put the standard air filter housing there with a short tube directly into the turbo, instead of going over the top of the engine. Then fabricate a cold air intake direct to the air filter.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            I'm going to remove the drivers side battery and put the standard air filter housing there with a short tube directly into the turbo, instead of going over the top of the engine. Then fabricate a cold air intake direct to the air filter.
            I meant to mention last time you mentioned this, (and forgot all about it), that
            I noticed during one of my scr*pyard delves the other week that, (think it was
            a Discovery), has a cylindrical filter housing with the intake/output at opposite
            ends of the canister, that might actually be easier to fit, (and may actually allow
            you to retain both batteries), than the standard filter housing. Just thought it
            might be worth mentioning.

Comment

Cheers Matt. I'm either going to swap the air filter housing and the drivers side battery over, or just get a big mutha of a battery on the passsenger side.

Comment

Working...
              X