Way off topic, shameless plug and tale of woe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way off topic, shameless plug and tale of woe

I know I should know better... but here goes anyway...

Firstly, I apologise if this offends anyone, no offence was meant or implied. These views are my own and in no way reflect the views of the forum moderators or owners.

Things have a habit of pulling up on you, in more ways than one. Having negotiated myself into a nice salary a year ago, we embarked on a new house and mortgage, and all the cr4p that goes with it... no idea why we are nest building, far too old for any more kids...

Well two weeks ago my lovely employers, after having promised me at least 5 years work a year ago... have made me redundant, all pay due gross as 'damages' in lieu of notice, plus redundancy, bla, bla, bla... not good.

So after a lot of belt tightening, and a good long hard look at our assets... we have finally admitted to ourselves that we don't really need to keep a lot of the clothes we had already bought for our two little angel/monkey's, most of which they have grown out of before wearing, or worn once or twice.

Ebay was suggested and we have started listing. So if you have very small children of your own or nephews and nieces, or grandchildren. And you are looking for something interesting, at a fraction of the new price... please visit our listings. It will be going to a very good cause, namely keeping the wolf from our door.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZg...sforyouQQhtZ-1

Thank you for reading thus far, here ends the shameless plug...

Good luck mate - I need to raise cash too cause the DWP are being so $$$$$$ slow sorting out benefits following my partners accident - further complicated by a long period of his self employment - and the Mortgage Protection (ha don't make me laugh) not being worth the paper its written on. What I really need is somone who can make £523 into £1500 each month! Any magicians out there?
    Anyway Having trawled through my cellar I found various useless objects including two lidless fish tanks, formerly used to house my rat and gerbils, empty cardboard boxes and a Taco serving kit! Guess I'll have to sell the Hubby instead!

Comment

That sucks Andy, hope things work out.

So no more 'mod junkie' for a while?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Only the ones that will stop it running...

I have this terrible feeling that the bearings are going again... I have tried turning the stereo up, but I am reaching the stereo's limit... and the noise is still there... mostly between 35mph and 55mph...

I know the last set you fitted for me were Milners... so might have to stump up for Roughtrax... other than that, going to change the oil in the rear diff again and see if there is anymore $$$$ in there... so hopefully that'll hold out a bit longer. Still going to Cornwall in September as that was all paid for. Fingers crossed she'll hold out.

Comment

Hope things improve for you. That's cr*p luck.

Comment

i've got advice on feedback building... if you want it i'll email to you?
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Purpledoris
              Good luck mate - I need to raise cash too cause the DWP are being so $$$$$$ slow sorting out benefits following my partners accident - further complicated by a long period of his self employment - and the Mortgage Protection (ha don't make me laugh) not being worth the paper its written on. What I really need is somone who can make £523 into £1500 each month! Any magicians out there?
              Anyway Having trawled through my cellar I found various useless objects including two lidless fish tanks, formerly used to house my rat and gerbils, empty cardboard boxes and a Taco serving kit! Guess I'll have to sell the Hubby instead!
              Hope I'm not teaching ya to suck eggs !!! Doris
              Make sure ya Photocopy absolutely everthing ya send to DHSS/DWP or what ever ya like to call em ....(they can call em selves what they like, it don't make it work) "don't keep copies" (having a Laugh ain't ya)
              If not already Citizen Advice Beareau could help.
              Good Luck

There's Always a Payback... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                i've got advice on feedback building... if you want it i'll email to you?
                Not the 'advice' regarding buy lots of very cheap tat so you get feedback quickly and cheaply is it?

Most people check what folks have bought these days. We've been stung by some of these types, and as the wife's business is on eBay, its a pain.

Not that I'm suggesting that anyone on here is less than completely trustworthy and honest though.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                  Not the 'advice' regarding buy lots of very cheap tat so you get feedback quickly and cheaply is it?

Most people check what folks have bought these days. We've been stung by some of these types, and as the wife's business is on eBay, its a pain.

Not that I'm suggesting that anyone on here is less than completely trustworthy and honest though.
                  yeah... it's the old e-books one!!...

but worth getting at least a yellow star these days.... people are too interested in your feedback.

i have great fun looking at what some people have bought!...
                  it's good to know your mates ebay ID!... my mate dave keeps buying womens shoes that i've never seen his mrs wearing!!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    I could!
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                      yeah... it's the old e-books one!!...

but worth getting at least a yellow star these days.... people are too interested in your feedback.

i have great fun looking at what some people have bought!...
                      it's good to know your mates ebay ID!... my mate dave keeps buying womens shoes that i've never seen his mrs wearing!!
                      Point him in our direction then, we've just got some very fetching red or black thigh boots up to sz11

Get him to check out 140013868179. Black or red, UK 3-11
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                      X