PayPal help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal help!

For three days now I've been trying to set up another PayPal account and still waiting!
    Filled in all the blanks such as, username, password, bank details etc.
    all o.k. but I can't activate the account to send or receive funds 'cos paypal haven't / can't / won't send an Email to the address I've given.
    The Email address I'm using is a hotmail one. (username@hotmail.com)
    Is it because hotmail addresses don't work with paypal, or are they just dragging their heels?
    Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks awfully in advance for your help.

OK, lets get the obvious out of the way first, have you checked your hotmail spam folder? It's happened to me many times where I signed up somewhere, eagerly awaited the email, it's not arrived, then a couple days later I spot it in the spam folder where it's been all along.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Just set a new account up (hotmail.co.uk), set up the associated paypal account, and ebay account... all within the last 7 days, worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
        OK, lets get the obvious out of the way first, have you checked your hotmail spam folder? It's happened to me many times where I signed up somewhere, eagerly awaited the email, it's not arrived, then a couple days later I spot it in the spam folder where it's been all along.
        Nope, it's not there, all boxes are M T.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
          Just set a new account up (hotmail.co.uk), set up the associated paypal account, and ebay account... all within the last 7 days, worked fine.

Ah, maybe it's because mine is a .com address???

Comment

another numpty bleedin obvious question.....
            are you using a different card number?
            mate had all sorts of probs trying to sort out a different account only went through when he used a different card

Comment

just re-read your first post Vince and your trying to set up another Paypal account.I have tried to set up another account also and apparently you can only have 1 paypal account with your email addy.If you have got say a yahoo email addy aswell then try that one this is what i was told in a email from paypal several months ago
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I have a paypal account with a hotmail account.

My Hotmail account used to be .com but they encouraged me to change it to .co.uk which if I remember it was as I was trying to log in once.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                  just re-read your first post Vince and your trying to set up another Paypal account.I have tried to set up another account also and apparently you can only have 1 paypal account with your email addy.If you have got say a yahoo email addy aswell then try that one this is what i was told in a email from paypal several months ago

I'm setting up an account for the missus, using a different Email address from mine, and different bank details.
                  I've heard nothing from paypal to say that I've done something wrong.

p.s. Hello DaveD.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    I'm setting up an account for the missus, using a different Email address from mine, and different bank details.
                    I've heard nothing from paypal to say that I've done something wrong.

p.s. Hello DaveD.
                    unless paypal have got problems their end

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                      unless paypal have got problems their end
                      That's what I'm thinking. I did have an Email from them the other day to my address though.

Comment

my missus set up a paypal account the other day she's hotmail.com vince
                        it works as well tried on my inclinemeter
                        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

WooHoo!! all sorted. Slugsie was on the right track, the spam filter was set too high, changed it to a lower setting and bingo, Email from paypal.

I'm all confirmed now!

Thanks for all the help dudes.

Comment

WooHoo!! all sorted. Slugsie was on the right track, the spam filter was set too high, changed it to a lower setting and bingo, Email from paypal.

I'm all confirmed now!

YAY! Glad to have helped. Now... my consultancy fee can be paid into MY PayPal account ...
                            Paul </Slugsie>
                            Immortal.so far!

Comment

I'm all confirmed now!

Well Vince i am sorry to say this but it makes a change for us to help you and not the other way round

Comment

Working...
                              X