Need advise urgently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise urgently

Cylinder head on my 2.4litre has cracked. The mechanic has stripped it down and found corrosion on the gasket plate on the engine block. He has advised that he can do a temporary repair with liquid metal but suggests that this is not a long term solution to the problem and has advised that it can blow the head gasket again. I have mentioned skimming the plate but he doesnt think this is an option. His advise is to get rid sharpish. What i want to know is has anyone had this problem before and if so how did they resolve the problem. I have just shelled out for a new head and gasket but am wondering if a bottom end replacement is the next step. Please help as I have only had the surf about 7 months and love it.
    Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Is he saying the block is corroded/pitted too badly to skim it?
    If so, I would have thought it would be a cheaper option to fit a replacement engine and fit your new cylinder head to that.

Comment

Yep i think he is saying the engine block is to corroded to skim. This liguid metal thing concerns me though. Stevo from LA supertrux said that he can fit a replacement engine. I am hoping this isnt going to be needed.
      Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Comment

I suggest that you speak to STEVO @ The ENGINE CO in Stockport.
        0161-476-6144 He is the best person to speak to. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Working...
        X