No announcement yet.

Any use for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For 12V, 1A is 12 watts. Have you got a link to that circuit? It should be fairly
    easily adaptable. Building a basic inverter doesn't actually require many
    components to get a close 50Hz sinewave output with a decent bit of oomph.
    It's finding a capable transformer without costing the earth that's the devilish
    part. Must admit, I've never been a fan of the newer solid state inverters. I like
    transformers. Granted, they are heavy, but they have so many benefits
    that you can't achieve with pure silicon circuitry.

Comment

http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/power/vconv_01.htm

Seems pretty simply, just use the multipliers to gain your target voltage, but I cant see it supplying enough current without frying the circuit!
      I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Changing the bc547/bc557 to larger current devices would work. Only had
        a brief glance, but the rest of the circuit just appears to be control/multiplier
        circuitry. They are supplying the current.

Comment

Vince, just double checking, are you still wanting the 1000VA unit? Just as a
          reminder since I dug the specs out yesterday, it'd require a 24V supply and
          has a 670W output.

The 1400 and 2 650's are gone, (slightly higher in wife's good books now).
          Danno, would one of the 650's or the 700, (approx 400W output), be okay for
          what you want? They need the straight 12V supply.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            Vince, just double checking, are you still wanting the 1000VA unit? Just as a
            reminder since I dug the specs out yesterday, it'd require a 24V supply and
            has a 670W output.

The 1400 and 2 650's are gone, (slightly higher in wife's good books now).
            Danno, would one of the 650's or the 700, (approx 400W output), be okay for
            what you want? They need the straight 12V supply.

Sorry Matt, It's not needed now as I'm gonna get a small suitcase generator instead.

p.s. don't tell your missus that there's gonna be an extra one on the shelf now!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Sorry Matt, It's not needed now as I'm gonna get a small suitcase generator instead.
              No probs. That's why I was double checking. What make of gen?

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              p.s. don't tell your missus that there's gonna be an extra one on the shelf now!
              I can hardly get in any more trouble than I already am. Lets just say that
              my hoarding has taken over certain bits of the house as well as the workshop.

Comment

Just a couple of extras, btw. 80mm black 12V fans x 15. Anybody?
                Last edited by MattF; 18 August 2006, 14:27.

Comment

[QUOTE=MattF]No probs. That's why I was double checking. What make of gen?

http://www.worldofpower.co.uk/acatal...Generator.html

Comment

Nice.

Comment

If Vince doesn't want the 1kva then I'll take that one please.

As you seem to know more on the electronics side than me, what you recommend for the uprated components on that circuit I showed you to supply enough current?
                      I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
                        If Vince doesn't want the 1kva then I'll take that one please.

As you seem to know more on the electronics side than me, what you recommend for the uprated components on that circuit I showed you to supply enough current?

Sorted. It's got your name on it. I'll have a look through the books and see what
                        might work. Probably something in the 2N range of TO3 devices. High power and
                        best casing for heatsinking.

Comment

Working...
                        X