encumbered imponderables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• encumbered imponderables

After a good read through 4crawler off road, i am still not sure what i need to lift my truck...

I want to fit 10" rims with 33/12.50/15 tryes...

I already have the milners 20% extra buff fitted so what do you think of this shopping list...??????

Rear... 2" coil spacer,
    Front 1.5" ball joint spacer along with tweaked up torsion bars

New ES3000 shocks all round...
    Rad drop brackets, Transmission drop bracket,

Body...2"/1" body lift ???

How does this guy do it ..... http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/hottoy/west/ he has 33's on stock susspension and 1" body lift ????

Any help or comments greatly appreciated...I just wanna get this under way now...My regular mech does not seem to have the time to do this as he has shown little interest, although i have found another mech who seems happy enough to do the work for me...he said two days for body lift , hmmmmm.....

Where does tony live...????? It may be better for me to get the boat over from N.Ireland and pay him a visit ????

I cant multi task , my head is melting already...

Originally posted by david306
    ...he said two days for body lift , hmmmmm.....
    Hmmm indeed.

My girlfriend helped complete a 1 1/2'' body lift in a few hours. Never done anything like it before.

My next mod is a 2'' suspension lift.

Then oversize tyres. Without the suspension lift I would think you would have serious tyre meeting truck body issues.
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
      Hmmm indeed.

My girlfriend helped complete a 1 1/2'' body lift in a few hours. Never done anything like it before.

My next mod is a 2'' suspension lift.

Then oversize tyres. Without the suspension lift I would think you would have serious tyre meeting truck body issues.
      you got a top bird there m8 all my other half is interested in is watching eastenders!!!
      CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

How high do you want to go ??
        If 4" is enough then how about just fitting the rear coil spacers, uprated front torsion bars, the procomp es3000's and a 2" body lift.
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

I think 4" is enough for the tyres ok but , how can the guy in the link get away with stock susspension and 1" bodylift ???

Comment

I think 4" is enough for the tyres ok but , how can the guy in the link get away with stock susspension and 1" bodylift ???
            He probably has to listen out for the rubbing of his tyres in his arches then he stops applying lock.

20 point turn in the road, anyone?
            Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

He's got a 1st gen and an after market front bumper, so clearance issues may be different from the 2nd gen.
              Also his wheels may have a different offset to allow the wheels to steer.
              Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 10 August 2006, 09:11.

Comment

half of my bumper has been off for at least 6 months so im not bothered about that... you think I can get 33's on with 2" coil spacers (or bushwhacker springs)/torsion bars and 1.5" bodty lift?
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                X