Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie's daft question(first of many)

Hello Chaps

I've just bought my first Surf and in between grinning like an idiot realized that there are a few things I needed to know;
    1)I have a very cool little mirror on the bonnet.How do I/Can I adjust it ??
    2)Do I have to lower the rear window to access the boot from outside ??

3)Are there any suppliers of accessories that are particularly good for our cars.(I am based in Norfolk)
    4)Does anyone on this board use the Surf for towing regularly ?Any advice would be great.

Thanks

1 no
    2 yes
    3 www.milneroffroad.com
    4yes 21ft 1200kgs bailey ranger
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

welcome

hiya m8 and welcome to the mad house lol wot year and model is your surf and the little mirror should have a plastic cap wich should prze off with a nut underneath loosen the nut you shoyld be able to adjust it i took mine off alltogether ****** useless lol not sure about your second question m8 wot do you mean if you got a rear hung spare you swing it out the way and open the back door with the handle
      black n tan
      black n tan
      yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Cheers Marky,

I intend towing a trackday car and trailer(combined weight 1700 kg ish).I have been told that my car should tow that "all day long".Any comments?Also does the suspension settings make much difference(ie hard or soft) ??

Thanks for the link BTW

Comment

I have a very cool little mirror on the bonnet.How do I/Can I adjust it ??
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          THE MIRROR IS FIXED SO YOU CAN SEE THE KERB AREA WHEN PARKING!
          sorry iff i was shouting.
          it is best to have suspension set on hard when towing.
          overdrive? this is your 5th gear so to speak sometimes called sports mode
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Thanks Slydog

I have a 1992 SSR-G 3.0 V6 Auto. forgot about the handle at the back!!Told you I was knew.I'll have a look at the mirror tomorrow after cleaning the beast.I bet that'll take a while.

Comment

Originally posted by marky
              I have a very cool little mirror on the bonnet.How do I/Can I adjust it ??
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              THE MIRROR IS FIXED SO YOU CAN SEE THE KERB AREA WHEN PARKING!
              sorry iff i was shouting.
              it is best to have suspension set on hard when towing.
              overdrive? this is your 5th gear so to speak sometimes called sports mode
              And once you get used to it, it is very useful. Initially you think it needs adjusting as it shows the ground / side step between the front and rear wheels on the passenger side, however that is just where you need it for accurately placing your car when reversing round a corner or into a parking space. With that and the overall square shape of the surf I can park in spaces that amaze me!.

Overdrive is actually 4th gear on the Auto Box, the Surf is a 3 speed plus O/D auto box. Switching overdrive off is good around town if you aren't going to be going over about 40mph especially good when going up slight hills as it stops the box hunting in and out of top.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by sstaples
                Hello Chaps

I've just bought my first Surf and in between grinning like an idiot realized that there are a few things I needed to know;
                1)I have a very cool little mirror on the bonnet.How do I/Can I adjust it ??
                2)Do I have to lower the rear window to access the boot from outside ??

3)Are there any suppliers of accessories that are particularly good for our cars.(I am based in Norfolk)
                4)Does anyone on this board use the Surf for towing regularly ?Any advice would be great.

Thanks
                1) um... on the 3rd gen, the mirror just swivels round!

2) um... not on the 3rd gen!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

um... it's a 2nd gen!

Originally posted by dabigman
                  1) um... on the 3rd gen, the mirror just swivels round!

2) um... not on the 3rd gen!
                  If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by rich
                    um... it's a 2nd gen!
                    um... yeah yeah! i knew that!... um... zzzZZZ
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                    X