Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5 Log book Question

Hi all,

Just received my V5 log book from DVLA and it reads : Toyota Hilux 2WD.

No mention of 'Surf' anywhere, are your log books similar??

Also if it's classed as 2WD, does that mean it's exempt from the 'possibly' car tax rise for 4x4's?? What do they calss as 4x4?? permenant 4WD, like the Freelanders??

Thanks
    Raj
    Raj

My logbook says.....

Make....Toyota.
    Body type....Estate.
    Fuel...Heavy oil.
    Chassis type....two axel, rigid body.

The road tax rise is based on emmisions, and from April 2001.

Comment

There is no "4x4" tax or any plans for it. The idea is to tax vehcles that produce lots of emissions. The media rather like the idea of making everyone thing that the only culprit is 4x4's, but there you are thats Guardian readers for you!

Even if they do put a tax on 4x4s it probably wont effect us as all the other environmental bandings are only for new cars where their emmisions are tested and declared. But then again even if we were grouped in with all those baddies what is the difference £50, less than one tank of diesel a year. That would certainly make me think twice should I happen to have a spare £60k for a new Range Rover!

My logbook makes no mention of how many wheels are driven, as mine is a gen 3 if it did I could send it back everytime I pressed the yellow button! It rather depends what the person who registered it put on the form when it comes to what your V5 says. I had a Suzi Jeep that was regestered as bodytype Landrover / Jeep !!! I'm sure those two particular sets of enthusiasts would have ben delighted with that. I used to take it with at the Dartford Bridge / Tunnel to start another argument when they tried to charge me van rates just because the Zook was a tintop with no windows or seats in the back!
      Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Originally posted by TJG
        I could send it back everytime I pressed the yellow button!!
        um.... what's the yellow button?
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          um.... what's the yellow button?
          Good God you've sussed me! What was I thinking, its was all that talk of Freelanders (where the button is yellow) it is a black button, with 4WD written on it.

Can I blame it on being colourblind?....I lost my boxing gloves as a teenager!
          Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Working...
          X