Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Big?

Hi Surfers...........

I have just joined after being a visitor for a while. I am wanting to buy a surf 2.4 or 3.0 but I am 6'6" tall. I have asked two dealers whether I would fit in one and one said yes, the other said no chance. Drivers side that is. Also can some one give me the models with the dodgy cylinder heads. Or is this just bad luck with some vehicles?

Cheers for the help dudes.

Keep Surfing............ :

hi and welcome to the forum mate mid 1993 2.4td onwards dont seem to have head problem as this was caused by a design fault on the waterways on the head. some pre this time had been recalled in japan to have the problem rectified. the 3.0l has no history of head problems.
    6 6" visit a dealer and have a test drive.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Springbok
      Hi Surfers...........

I have just joined after being a visitor for a while. I am wanting to buy a surf 2.4 or 3.0 but I am 6'6" tall. I have asked two dealers whether I would fit in one and one said yes, the other said no chance. Drivers side that is. Also can some one give me the models with the dodgy cylinder heads. Or is this just bad luck with some vehicles?

Cheers for the help dudes.

Keep Surfing............ :
      2.4 are the ones that had a defective head but not all, theres no sure way to tell, but as said it didn't affect all of them.
      6'6" no problem, Roger (gamedawn) is about 6'7" (roughly) and drives a surf, not heard him complain.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Speedy Thanks.......

Cheers to you guys and gals for the speedy info.
        Will make that trip for a test drive now?

I have been looking in the autotrader and on the net for vehicles. I have seen a company called Freeport4x4 ( no intentional advertising). Anyone with experience?

Cheers again dudes.........

Keep Surfing

Comment

FREEPORT MOTORS BOOTLE LIVERPOOL
          I got mine from them i got a damn good motor any teething problems i had were resolved quickly & efficiently no probs with them at all.
          You could buy one from one of the guys on here who also import these vehicles. you will get a better surf from these guys for your money HILUX bob usually has a few for sale drop him a pm or email him.
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

well im about 6 5 m8 loads of room
            black n tan
            black n tan
            yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

I am 6'6" and mines fine even with a sunroof I do have the Recaro seats ,I don't know if that makes any difference ?

Comment

Yippeeeeeee

Hail all eeee surfers with great knowledge. And equally tall ones alike.

I will be going in search of my 3.0 TD this week. Anyone know of any members whom are selling or importers who are members?

Let me surf........

Cheers.........

Comment

look under surfs for sale
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Hail all eeee surfers with great knowledge. And equally tall ones alike.

I will be going in search of my 3.0 TD this week. Anyone know of any members whom are selling or importers who are members?

Let me surf........

Cheers.........
                    Mines a July 1993 and my head went. Get a 3.0 if you can although I'm very happy with my 2.4 even though the head went. Got the modified head now so looking for a long life from it now.

Andy W, Hilux (Bob), Mylux (Neil) and a few others are part time importers. If you look through the for sale section you will probably see some of them. All of these and any others I've forgotten - my most profuse apologies to anyone I have forgotten, will sell you a decent car - they have a reputation to keep up and are also very knowledgeable.

Good luck with finding a Surf, you won't regret it. It's amazxing what these things can do, every time I go to the Devil's Pit I am more and more amazed. Koi pulled a Discovery out to day without any trouble and Discos are rated well (by everyone except Surf Drivers).

Cheers

Comment

Information whooohoooo

Cheers for all your info so far. Genius idea for the surfs for sale section. If god gave me a brain............ Cheers Andy and all for your experiences.

Next questions:
                      What is the fuel efficiency for the 2.4 and 3.0l round about the 92 - 94 years? I work in the sticks and the road is windey. Will not get much of a speed up.

Thanks

Keep Surfing

Comment

Cheers for all your info so far. Genius idea for the surfs for sale section. If god gave me a brain............ Cheers Andy and all for your experiences.

Next questions:
                        What is the fuel efficiency for the 2.4 and 3.0l round about the 92 - 94 years? I work in the sticks and the road is windey. Will not get much of a speed up.

Thanks

Keep Surfing
                        Economy between 20 - 30 depending on how heavy your right foot is. Some of the guys get around 28 on a run and 23 in town.
                        You're in the sticks??? lucky ******* you're going to have a permanent smile on your face
                        NO WORRIES!
                        Rusty

Comment

My other halfs nephew is 6'7" and was put right off buying a Surf after driving mine at Devils Pit. After I dropped him at his car I remembered the steering wheel height adjuster.
                          Me? No probs, I'm 5'6" and have still still bashed my bonce a couple of times.
                          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                            Mines a July 1993 and my head went. Get a 3.0 if you can although I'm very happy with my 2.4 even though the head went. Got the modified head now so looking for a long life from it now.

Andy W, Hilux (Bob), Mylux (Neil) and a few others are part time importers. If you look through the for sale section you will probably see some of them. All of these and any others I've forgotten - my most profuse apologies to anyone I have forgotten, will sell you a decent car - they have a reputation to keep up and are also very knowledgeable.

Good luck with finding a Surf, you won't regret it. It's amazxing what these things can do, every time I go to the Devil's Pit I am more and more amazed. Koi pulled a Discovery out to day without any trouble and Discos are rated well (by everyone except Surf Drivers).

Cheers
                            I should have put Andy rather than Andy W. Andy is the one who is the part time Dealer. Got a bit confused there as his surname starts with W.

Sorry Andy

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                            X