Cheers.

Originally posted by MattF
    Managed to find a company at Rotherham, (Larkspeed), that can order
    those inline hose temp switch mounts, but just need to know exactly
    what size I need to order. Do I need the 32mm or the 35mm adaptor to
    fit the top rad hose?

Cheers.
    Matt, got mine from this guyhttp://stores.ebay.co.uk/GAUGEPLACEDOTCOM
    Cant remember what size i got for the top hose but can look it up tomorrow if its any help,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

That'd be helpful if you could, Ian. Cheers. Regarding those adaptors, is the
      threaded hole a 15mm hole like the ones in the 'stat housing? Also, does the
      adaptor have a bolt for adding an earth strap?

Cheers.

Comment

Regarding temp switches, anybody have any opinions on these:

http://www.revotec.com/electronicfan...controller.htm

It's the same type of housing that I am going to use, but has a variable
        temp switch built in. Opinions? Should I go for that one above, or just get
        the alloy sensor housing:

http://www.revotec.com/aluminiumcomp...components.htm

and pop a Corolla fan temp switch in? BTW, does anyone know what temp
        the Corolla fan switch is rated at?

Decisions, decisions.
        Last edited by MattF; 9 August 2006, 02:15.

Comment

I've got the Revotec one with the electronic sensor on mine and it seems to work well. The big advantage as far as I could see was that there is no obstruction in the water flow. Whichever you go for you'll need the 35mm one
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Cheers Roger.

Comment

OK Matt the sender port i got from gaugeplace was 36mm (for the top hose)
              And fits ok, the sender screws straight in so it's not a 15mm hole (not sure what the sender threads are) and it has a screw fixing for an earth wire, also comes with jube clips, Sorry the link did;nt come up properly (so you could just click on it) stuff never works for me when i need it to, These ports are colour coded for the different sizes (36mm is green i think) at £12.99,
              Thought that was quite reasonable as it is dead easy to fit and saves a lot of messing about finding adaptors/reducers etc, Pity the oil "O" pot did'nt fit the surf, Still have'nt fitted the pres & temp (oil) senders, Ian
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Ever get the feeling everything is conspiring against you? Sod's law
                those couplers would have the other size tapping to the one I want. Also,
                those Revotec ones have to be ordered in, so I can't even get one of those
                in time for Friday. Been trying to avoid putting and sealing the top hose back
                on to have to whip it off again later, but looks like I've no choice. Cheers Ian.
                What does amaze me though is why all these motor shops that sell racing
                gear and boy racer gear don't stock something like that which is literally a
                must have when you start modifying. Weird world.

Comment

Working...
                X