No announcement yet.

Is this anyone here ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the Isle of Wight have had water meters for about ten years now. We still use water the same way, bath, showers, flushing loo's, watering lawns, gardens and washing cars (but not my surf ) We still get hit with hosepipe bans. It iz a heatwave so water iz gonna be in short supply unless more water storage iz sorted. The water companys charge us to be supplied with water so it iz their place to give us wot we are paying for or they are failing
    As for the syphon device I've seen the same sort of thing on sky's teleshopping channels for about £20 they are made with a bit of hosepipe and a rubber valve at one end. The valve iz pumped in a bucket of CLEAN water to prime the hose. Once primed the action of moving the hose allows water to flow through the hose with very little pressure. I watched for awhile and it seemed to work very well. If the ad woz anything to go by you could wash two surfs with one bucket of CLEAN water.
    I would spend a few hours making my own though
    xcuse mi spilling kan't phinda dictonnairy

Comment

Myy misses has bought one of those from qvc and it does work on a car but i tried it on the surf and had to lift the bucket onto the bonnet in order to be able to do the roof as it wouldn't pump it enough from the ground.you get a brush and a shower type attachment for it to rinse it off but i wasnt sure it was any good but it does work
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Sorry, just had a thought and had another look at the grand invention. It uses recycled bath water which, as we have already stated, is fine as long as you don't mind washing your car with dirt, soap and hair. However, I could have saved him a lot of prototype time with these simple steps.

1. Put one end of hose in upstairs bath.
        2. Take hose outside and put the non-bath end in mouth.
        3. Suck a bit.
        4. Cover car in dirt and pubes.

Job done.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
            Sorry, just had a thought and had another look at the grand invention. It uses recycled bath water which, as we have already stated, is fine as long as you don't mind washing your car with dirt, soap and hair. However, I could have saved him a lot of prototype time with these simple steps.

3. Suck a bit.

Job done.

PMSL
            Nihil illigitimi carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho

3. Suck a bit.

Job done.
              And a few other things if he uses my bath water
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                And a few other things if he uses my bath water
                Will THAT go down a hosepipe ? ?

Trev
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                X