Can anyone advise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone advise?

Hi guys, been busy test driving cars and reading brochures so aint been about for a while.

I have made the decision that I will get a new 4x4 estate from work probably a legacy or outback which will do the job for the dogs and the planes.

As I now have such freedom of choice I can eliminate the need to have my own big 4x4 and it would be financially daft to continue paying for fuel and running costs on the surf when I have a spanking new Subaru.

Anyone offer advise on its true worth. I would prefer it to go to a forum member if at all poss. Its a Silver 3rd gen ssrx with low miles about 70K. Aircon is ice cold, everything works.

What should I be asking.
    I used to have a surf me!

phoebelala

Need more details, like the Year, Colour, Specification, Mods. Picture(s) would also help.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
      Hi guys, been busy test driving cars and reading brochures so aint been about for a while.

I have made the decision that I will get a new 4x4 estate from work probably a legacy or outback which will do the job for the dogs and the planes.

As I now have such freedom of choice I can eliminate the need to have my own big 4x4 and it would be financially daft to continue paying for fuel and running costs on the surf when I have a spanking new Subaru.

Anyone offer advise on its true worth. I would prefer it to go to a forum member if at all poss. Its a Silver 3rd gen ssrx with low miles about 70K. Aircon is ice cold, everything works.

What should I be asking.

£300 !!!! will give you cash now lol think your right about the surf if your gettin a sub for nothing
      aint got a clue how much its worth
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

start bidding
        £350 lol
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
          start bidding
          £350 lol

Stick another 0 on methinks as a good starting point.

Drove a 3 litre outback today and a WRX scooby estate. Discovered the engine in the 06 forester is the same as in the scoob whilst at the dealer and am driving one of those on Friday.

Will post a for sale thread with pics soon, Surf was taxed for 6 months just this month and is in great condition. Will be sorry to see her go but as I say, crazy to keep her with a free 4x4 performance estate on the drive.

Comment

might be intrested in 3rd gen al what monies are you looking at
            ps have to convince mrs joker

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
              might be intrested in 3rd gen al what monies are you looking at
              ps have to convince mrs joker

Hi there,
              I paid 6 grand for her in March so would like to put 5200 in the bank. I am open to serious offers of course but I don't need to give the vehicle away.

Its a good un believe me, smoothest thing to drive.
              you have to remind yourself you are in a hilux.

Al.

Comment

might have to sell mine !!!!

Comment

Al, you test driving them from KT Greens? I have always found them really helpfull in the past. I must say i do like the Legacy.
                  i like it muddy!

Comment

Originally posted by it's Jim
                    Al, you test driving them from KT Greens? I have always found them really helpfull in the past. I must say i do like the Legacy.
                    Hi Jim,

I am indeed. They are a very good privately owned company. No pushy salesmen and nice to deal with.

I believe they are one of the best in the UK for service and reputation and its only a few miles away as well.

when you moving?

Comment

Al, I'm moving on Saturday 19th August. 6am start. Surf and Transit loaded (hopefully). Finished work today, just got to finish packing now and tidy the house before i go. Plus get the surf serviced.
                      I could do with a 26 hour day. Noodle land here i come. Have you sold your motor yet?
                      Jim
                      i like it muddy!

Comment

Originally posted by it's Jim
                        Al, I'm moving on Saturday 19th August. 6am start. Surf and Transit loaded (hopefully). Finished work today, just got to finish packing now and tidy the house before i go. Plus get the surf serviced.
                        I could do with a 26 hour day. Noodle land here i come. Have you sold your motor yet?
                        Jim

Hi m8.

NOt tried as yet, been too bust with solicitors. Its been murder m8

Comment

try the new 2.5 turbo forester !
                          very fast, and a lot more practical than a WRX estate

i have the n/a (non-turbo) 2.0 forester, and like it as much as the 4runner,
                          although it aint an offroader, its great in snow and mud, and a lot easier to drive on twisty country roads

wouldnt mind a turbo forester one day
                          Landcruiser Colorado
                          Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
                            try the new 2.5 turbo forester !
                            very fast, and a lot more practical than a WRX estate

i have the n/a (non-turbo) 2.0 forester, and like it as much as the 4runner,
                            although it aint an offroader, its great in snow and mud, and a lot easier to drive on twisty country roads

wouldnt mind a turbo forester one day

Thanx

Have tried it as well as the 3 litre outback. Both are on the shortlist. I like the Outback as its big and comfy for long trips but the forester is also a very nice car with the leather and sat nav.

Just dunno as tried so many motahs.

Comment

Working...
                            X