yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Ths A Scam? Barclay Customers Beware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Ths A Scam? Barclay Customers Beware!

I have received an email from Barcalys Security?? I won't past the whole thing but it has a link to follow. It goes something like this:

In order to continue to operate the Barclays service and to reduce the risk of fraud, Barclays must ask you to enroll in our Fraud-Prevention Program.
    To do so please follow the link below.

The strange thing is that I have not and never have had an account with Barclays!!
    It's only a hobby!

yup its a proper scam... if you hover the link it may say something like javascript blah blah blah.... that will take you to a site which will be like barclays but a different url... and when you pop your details in BAM you have no money left....

Stu
    http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst
      and when you pop your details in BAM you have no money left....

Stu
      NOT nessessarily so - if you have no account with Barclays and enter false details ..........the tables are turned

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        NOT nessessarily so - if you have no account with Barclays and enter false details ..........the tables are turned

Trev

>laffin< >thinks< OH yeah!
        http://www.manicgamer.net

Comment

A respectable bank wouldn't E-mail anyone, anyway!

Comment

Hows about ringin the proper bank and tellin em what fake details you're going to put in, surely the bank could then screw these people over when they try and draw yer money that aint there.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
              I have received an email from Barcalys Security?? I won't past the whole thing but it has a link to follow. It goes something like this:

In order to continue to operate the Barclays service and to reduce the risk of fraud, Barclays must ask you to enroll in our Fraud-Prevention Program.
              To do so please follow the link below.

The strange thing is that I have not and never have had an account with Barclays!!

phishing is one of the biggest problems beside malware at present. Need to be careful with bluetooth on phones also as there are bluetooth-sniping which allows people to gleam info from your phone without u knowing
              Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                A respectable bank wouldn't E-mail anyone, anyway!
                they do, but it always says stuff like "your current account statement is ready to view" or "you have a secure message"

you have to log on separately to read them...

NEVER follow a link from an email!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Is it a scam?

YES !

* Do not, ever, follow links directly from bank / credit card / savings / loan company emails.

* If your bank wants you to take action, call them to confirm. Do not use the phone number in the email. Go to Yellow Pages and ring your local branch.

Finally, if you think it might be a scam, it probably is.

Comment

Working...
                  X