Nothing's wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing's wrong

Seeing as there are always posts (especially on the 2.4 section) about how no-one ever posts something saying everything's fine....

I took me truck out for the weekend, went up some big hills, sat in a lot of traffic jams, went possibly a little faster than 70 etc etc and there were no problems at all.

The temperature stayed steady, there was no water loss, the engine bay air temperature sensor on the electric fan worked and everyone had a lovely time.

He's off to his uncle Tony tomorrow for a special treat because he's been a good boy.

Gotta say, mine's been fine for a while now, too. Give it regular oil changes. Give it some wellie on the motorways everyday, but it still comes out fighting.... Just raised the rear edge of the bonnet by about an inch, to let hot air out from under the bonnet. I've not had an overheating problem, but every little helps, eh?
    It just does, OK?

Comment

Mine's o.k. Probably 'cos I give the Toyota emblem on the grille, a big kiss every day!

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
        Seeing as there are always posts (especially on the 2.4 section) about how no-one ever posts something saying everything's fine....

I took me truck out for the weekend, went up some big hills, sat in a lot of traffic jams, went possibly a little faster than 70 etc etc and there were no problems at all.

The temperature stayed steady, there was no water loss, the engine bay air temperature sensor on the electric fan worked and everyone had a lovely time.

He's off to his uncle Tony tomorrow for a special treat because he's been a good boy.

and there's you saying something about chucking it in the bin and getting a V6.
        You young uns, tch!

Comment

Ahhh!

Ahhh Bushwacker you soft old thing you.....

Comment

I think it's begining to have a little crush on me, the roof aerial was pointing straight up this morning!

Comment

Fingers crossed, there's nothing wrong with mine now either ........

For the last year or so she's had a habit of getting a little warm (OK - VERY warm !) when going uphill at over 3000 revs loaded to the gills with the caravan on the back.

This weekend I had yet another go at washing significant quatities of Salisbiry Plain out of the rad - I had a small amount of success just using the hose between the fan blades so I tried in vain to find the nozzle I made last year (Jackie's obviously put it somewhere safe).

I was a little miffed at not being able to find it so I made a new one out of a piece of 15mm copper pipe - it's about 2ft long with a 50mm right angle at the bottom, judicious application of a 2lb ball pein then ensured a reasonable level of pressure. I detached the fan cowling, pushed the pipe into the hose (interference fit - no need for jubilee clips etc) and let rip.

I was amazed at the amount of cr@p that came out - especially since I'd already tried it twice before !

The net result was a very dirty driveway and a temperature gauge needle that appears to sit marginally lower than it did before.

The acid test will be on Thursday when we drag the whole shebang up to the Peaks - 1300kg of van & contents, 5 warm bodies (3 of them are 13 years old - urgh !), a boot load of awning etc and 3 bikes on the roof. The last time I was on the M1 in that area with the van we hit 85mph uphill with no problem (Honest officer it was an accident !) wonder if it'll happen again .....

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

nothing wrong with my truck either,needs a new exhaust same as any other car.

Comment

Had a great week last week went to Somerset then to Warickshire and all was fine, then batteries decided to die, so home on the back of a truck, saved diesel money helped buy two new bats, but I class this as running expenses as all car need these, then Sunday spent the day collecting Marquees and Trailers for Guide dogs, did 257 miles, 178 of it with a ton and half trailer behind it was a perfect day temp behaved air con kept us and pup cool and I had the grin which goes with a Surf
                  www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

My car is okay today too (has been for the last 4 years in fact). I came within inches of crushing a Pugeot estate this morning (mini roundabout, all sat looking at each other, all went at once...) but that's another story!

Comment

You're supposed to roll a dice and get a 6 to start!

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho

Hi have not heard the old saying if its not broke dont touch it.
                        Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
                          Hi have not heard the old saying if its not broke dont touch it.
                          my motto!...

there's oil in the hole, why change it!

Mrs Slug (MkXI) complained of a funny smell and muddy shoes though!... $$$$$$ women, wearing flip flops!... tsk!
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Mine has been in my posession for three years and one month. So far, so good. Nothing wrong with it that a dab of grease on the steering end stops won't cure.
                            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                            X