Golf TDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf TDI

Anyone know anything in particular you need to look for when buying one of these? "more then 4 wheels, seats and a steering wheel"

We need a 4 door economical second car (having said that, the Surf is incredibly economical at the moment, I haven't put diesel in it since Tony's stag do ) and these seem to do between 50 and 60 mpg.
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Have a look at the car by car breakdown here http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm
    i use a seat ibiza td for commuting dead good on fuel and with a few tweeks!!!!

Comment

We have recently bought one of these, 1.5 diesel, 60mpg, and only £50 per year road tax.
      Attached Files

Comment

Good site ssray - thanks!

Bushwhacker - I looked at one of those but we need a 4 door and the boot is too small for what we need it for (baby buggy and associated stuff, shopping and all the stuff that we seem to carry round in the boot anyway that I have no clue what it is)

Comment

They do come in a 4 door version, but I agree, the boot is on the small side, especially for baby stuff!

Comment

Vw Tdi

Well long time no speak, but saw this and thought i would chip in. We have just bought the Bora TDI on a 02 plate and got a great car, drives well and loads of space for family stuff!!! However the TDI range is a bit complex in the VW range as they have 5 differnt types of engine i think! The biggest thing to look at is the lettering on the back and what it says in the logbook. if the letters DI are in RED then it will be the new unit injected engine which is the muts nuts for power with the smallest output being 74 KW(about 100 bhp) The snag is that they need the timming belt changing at 4 years or 60,000 miles and this wont leave much left from £400!!!!!!!! so if you are getting one check this has or will be done as i am still doing battle to get mine changed by the place i got it from. If it only has a RED i or no RED letters then it will have a fuel injection pump and have a slightly longer life on the belt,But not so much poke. Appart from that the cars a fantastic and have that great Golf look (even if mine has a boot).

Hope this helps and if you need any more tips then let me know!!

Say Hi to Lottie and catch you later.
            Gav.
            Danno used my Truck and did'nt break it!

Comment

Originally posted by tonka1
              Well long time no speak, but saw this and thought i would chip in. We have just bought the Bora TDI on a 02 plate and got a great car, drives well and loads of space for family stuff!!! However the TDI range is a bit complex in the VW range as they have 5 differnt types of engine i think! The biggest thing to look at is the lettering on the back and what it says in the logbook. if the letters DI are in RED then it will be the new unit injected engine which is the muts nuts for power with the smallest output being 74 KW(about 100 bhp) The snag is that they need the timming belt changing at 4 years or 60,000 miles and this wont leave much left from £400!!!!!!!! so if you are getting one check this has or will be done as i am still doing battle to get mine changed by the place i got it from. If it only has a RED i or no RED letters then it will have a fuel injection pump and have a slightly longer life on the belt,But not so much poke. Appart from that the cars a fantastic and have that great Golf look (even if mine has a boot).

Hope this helps and if you need any more tips then let me know!!

Say Hi to Lottie and catch you later.
              Gav.
              Hi Gav - take it your back safe and sound?! Yes, been a while since we've heard from the Tonkas! Thanks for the above - yes it seems theres a 110, 115 and 130 engine in the TDI range and known issues with each but also it seems that the little red I is a bit of a red herring as dealers have been known to swop them onto other versions so it all becomes even more confusing! We are going to see what I think is an underpriced Golf TDI tonight but I don't know which engine it is - the owner is emigrating and it's low miles for the money and I think we can get some more off the price. I looked at the Bora but Lottie wanted something a little bit smaller and the Golf ticks all the boxes for the time being. Insurance is peanuts too!!!

Comment

VW Golf

We have a 4 door TDI and it`s a quality car, but there is very little boot space. Once you get a buggy in, there`s little room for anything else, and now there`s another ankle snapper on the way,the golf will be going and hopefully a Touran will be taking it`s place.

If you find one, take your pram with you and put it in the boot, you`l soon see what i mean
                Stella Artois

Comment

I got a 05 plate Golf 2.0 diesel GTi DSG . Goes like stink and got a great semi auto gear box . Got no ankle biters so space not a real issue but the boot is better then some others in its class . Got fantastic audio system to.Got 66.5 mpg on the M25 the other night following Tam at her fastest 57mph .
                  Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                    Hi Gav - take it your back safe and sound?! Yes, been a while since we've heard from the Tonkas! Thanks for the above - yes it seems theres a 110, 115 and 130 engine in the TDI range and known issues with each but also it seems that the little red I is a bit of a red herring as dealers have been known to swop them onto other versions so it all becomes even more confusing! We are going to see what I think is an underpriced Golf TDI tonight but I don't know which engine it is - the owner is emigrating and it's low miles for the money and I think we can get some more off the price. I looked at the Bora but Lottie wanted something a little bit smaller and the Golf ticks all the boxes for the time being. Insurance is peanuts too!!!
                    Hey! Yes he's back safe, but still useless as ever about replying to posts!! Congratulations BTW

How was the Golf you looked at tonight? I'd honestly say if you can persuade Lottie to go for a Bora over a Golf - the size difference isn't that much and the boot in the Bora is enormous!! I find the Bora quite deceptive on space - it feels a lot smaller to drive than it really is.

I personally wouldn't like to try and fit a buggy and all the baby bits in the boot of a Golf Insurance for the Bora is peanuts too!

Good luck with the car hunting and being parents-to-be!
                    Debs

Comment

PS: good forum link for Lottie!

If Lottie would like a baby forum to use I can recommend this one : http://www.hitched.co.uk/sbforum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=7

I've been on there since before Abbie was born and it's a great minefield of information, help and advice
                      Debs

Comment

Thanks Debs - trust me, Lottie has enough baby forums on the go! What I call 'fluffy forums' from weddings to babies etc. She's all adviced up and all I hear is "this girl on the forum said we should do this.... and that etc."

It turns out the Golf was sold even though supposedly we were the first people going to see it as that was the earliest she could do . We even said we had cash and would take it away that night but she sold it to someone who left a deposit and promised to pick it up next week....!

Anyway, we just bought a Focus instead... The TDCI 115 which seems to have a good rep and is basically the Focus equivelent of the Golf TDI and also supposedly does around 50mpg. Lottie has trouble reversing unless zigzagging is reversing art?! and the Focus was the car she got on best with so we went for that.

Comment

Working...
                        X