My Other Car's A VW Bay Camper Roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Other Car's A VW Bay Camper Roof

Hi people, I know this is a bit off topic, but anyone know where I can get a complete new roof for a camper?
    Cheers
    Nil illegitimi carborundum

Here?.....http://www.oconnorscampers.co.uk/

Comment

Thanks Bush, checked out the price? Was hoping to pay a bit less than 2.2K!

Comment

Sorry, didn't notice the prices. How about these?...http://www.campershop.co.uk/elevating-roof.htm

Comment

Thanks Vince, I'll call them tomorrow. All the bits listed are spares and I can't work out if you can get a complete kit of parts.

Comment

I will email my mate who has just completed a ground up resto of his 76 camper .
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Cheers Rick!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Piker
                Cheers Rick!
                My man says try here http://www.volksheaven.co.uk/index.php .
                Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

one of the supervisors at work has just spent 9k on a 1966 vw camper.It was imported from America to Holland and then he bought it from a dealer in Holland who will get it sent over.It hasn't got any interior so it his wife wants it all done as close as orginal as she can plus it needs respraying

From what he was saying by the time it is all done up to as near original as possible it would be worth between 25 and 30k as there aren't many of that age left going now
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                    Many thanks again, I'll call them too!

Comment

From what he was saying by the time it is all done up to as near original as possible it would be worth between 25 and 30k as there aren't many of that age left going now[/quote]

If only, I'd sell mine and get one of those V8's from Japan, or that Surf camper that was on our site last week! Mine cost 3.5k and will probably be worth 8-9K when done. But it's not original it's been lowered, rebored, had recaro's fitted. A bit of a surfer machine
                      Last edited by Ace Piker; 24 August 2007, 19:07.

Comment

Give Wayne a try at Volksheaven ; he's a good bloke , used to go to his loads before we sold the camper .

Alison

Comment

Bay window

Watcha mate,

My other vehicles a bay window campervan.

Firstly try joining http://www.justkampers.co.uk/interac...p?s=&forumid=6

This is a forum similar to this for VWs there is about 8000 members and try searching the forum as I have seen this question before.

There is a vw rally in Malvern called Vanfest on the weekend of 11th September. there will be about 5000 vws going and a massive trade area so I am sure you can pick one up from there for much less than 2K.

Hope this helps. It would be worth your while finding out what type of conversion your bus is.ie Devon, Westfalia, Dormabille etc

Best of luck
                          Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Comment

Hey Muddy Boots !

I thought I had deja vu yesterday when I read your post on Kamper Chat then read it on here too !!

Used to have a 1979 Devon Moonraker till we got the Surf . Then my ex buggered off with the Surf and SOLD it !! So it's my lovely Kona bike for me atm .

Alison

Comment

Did you read my post about having the VW engine seize and the head go on the truck on the same day on my trip towards Newquay?

Still waiting for a price on the truck.
                              Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Comment

Working...
                              X