Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air horns

Hi all,
    I,m wanting to fit a set of air horns to my truck but before i do i need to know weither the original horn button is connected to positive or is it grounded as i do not own test lead lamp i cant find out but your help would be greatfully needed ty all in advance
    davey boy

Originally posted by Davey boy
    Hi all,
    I,m wanting to fit a set of air horns to my truck but before i do i need to know weither the original horn button is connected to positive or is it grounded as i do not own test lead lamp i cant find out but your help would be greatfully needed ty all in advance
    davey boy
    Davey,

I run mine from the wire that goes from the original horn behind the grill - much easier. Doing this also gives you the original for a "toot" and the airhorns for a blast

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Davey boy
      Hi all,
      davey boy
      your air horn power (ampage) may be more then the standard horn wire, so you may be better using your existing horn wiring to trip a relay for your air horn compressor. If you still want to check for a live wire make yourself a test lamp using a 12v bulb and a bit of wire and tape (sounds more like blue peter lol)
      BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

if it's the same as my 3rd gen then it will be ground,i just used the wire from the standard horn with no relay and it runs fine
        I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
          Davey,

I run mine from the wire that goes from the original horn behind the grill - much easier. Doing this also gives you the original for a "toot" and the airhorns for a blast

Trev
          The horn button completes the Earth circuit.
          Where are you fitting the compressor and horns?
          I have some I havent got around to fitting yet
          Trust your Hound.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesins
            The horn button completes the Earth circuit.
            Where are you fitting the compressor and horns?
            I have some I havent got around to fitting yet
            I have it in the engine bay on the driver's side - by having the trumpets facing up can get it all in a treat

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
            X