Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

Folks, it's my annual round of cost cutting - that time of year when you go through the utilities / insurance etc and try to save some money...

I'm 40 with full protected no claims and pay something around £350 fully comp with 6 points - ahem. Anyone do better than this? Recommend somewhere cheaper?

Bear in mind I believe all insurance is legalised robbery so am not interested in the kind of service you get, I'm only buying insurance because the law says I have to!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

try www. supermarket.com gives you loads of different quotes
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Have you tried Footman James Insurance Brokers. They arranged insurance for my Surf, C5 Corvette and old Citroen ZX at what I think are quite good prices.
      Brian

Comment

Mate of mine works in a brokers, dunno whether they'll come up any good or not. Barrry Grainger is the brokers he works for on 0870 112 8103 www.barrygraingerinsurance.co.uk/

I'm with Adrian Flux coz they're the only company that would touch me on my last car, which was modified, and seen as i changed to the surf half way through the year i just transferred it over.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Try Norwich union, I've just got my insurance from them and it was £260 with full no claims protected and I,m 44 years young
          If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

footman james £199 f comp
            ex Burgundy 2.4 owner

Comment

well ive had a quote off the AA £5000 an im 21 3 points an no NCB. But she still makes me smile when ever i look/drive her
              Cheers
              Scotty

Drink Jagermeister Responsibly

Comment

Originally posted by Panrixx
                Have you tried Footman James Insurance Brokers. They arranged insurance for my Surf, C5 Corvette and old Citroen ZX at what I think are quite good prices.
                Footman James Broker - AXA Insurance Co. - £225 Full Comp with named driver (the wife who had had an accident 18 months ago). Price includes breakdown cover etc. Can't remember how many years NCB applied as I have the max applied to my Corvette. I think they matched the NCB as I have three cars insured through them.

Hope this helps
                Brian

Comment

Footman James sounds good. Will give them a bell tomorrow. How do they feel about points? (3 will be gone later this year)

Comment

Originally posted by avalon
                    well ive had a quote off the AA £5000 an im 21 3 points an no NCB. But she still makes me smile when ever i look/drive her
                    avalon, try adrian flux, i'm 22 with 3 points and mine comes in just shy of £800 fully comp.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                      Footman James sounds good. Will give them a bell tomorrow. How do they feel about points? (3 will be gone later this year)
                      Sorry, I can't tell you - I can't remember when I ever had any
                      Brian

Comment

One reason I got rid of the V6 Alfa...

Comment

if you are with footman james, join the http://www.vmcc.net/ and you will get even cheaper car insurance!
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                            if you are with footman james, join the http://www.vmcc.net/ and you will get even cheaper car insurance!
                            I'll have to check that out as I insure three cars through them. I've also got a 1955 Ariel Square Four in a 1957 Norton Featherbed frame (well in bits anyway) so I should qualify to join!!
                            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Panrixx
                              I'll have to check that out as I insure three cars through them. I've also got a 1955 Ariel Square Four in a 1957 Norton Featherbed frame (well in bits anyway) so I should qualify to join!!

thats a pint you owe me next time i see you!
                              anyone can join, if they will let my sister work there, they will let anyone in!
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X