Help me please i have oil where there should be water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me please i have oil where there should be water

Hi i have a 2.4 surf ssrg I was doing some checks and i found there i a lot of black oil in where there should be in my rad. now i was told to flush it out and refill it so i did that and everything was ok. That was about a month ago i just got back from NY i was there about a month. now i've been back for a few days and i've been driving around no problems. i thought i would just check it today and again theres oil in the rad and it black not grey black now this is the bit that i dont get it's not over heating it drive fine there is a bit of black smoke and there plenty of oil in the engine so whats going it my engine gonna blow up or is this a smiple problem that can be fixed if anyone can help please reply. oh there's one other thing i think tapits need adjusting would this be the problem if you can help i would be very happy thank you

Gavin
    SAVE A TREE ....... EAT A BEAVER

Originally posted by Madfor1t
    Hi i have a 2.4 surf ssrg I was doing some checks and i found there i a lot of black oil in where there should be in my rad. now i was told to flush it out and refill it so i did that and everything was ok. That was about a month ago i just got back from NY i was there about a month. now i've been back for a few days and i've been driving around no problems. i thought i would just check it today and again theres oil in the rad and it black not grey black now this is the bit that i dont get it's not over heating it drive fine there is a bit of black smoke and there plenty of oil in the engine so whats going it my engine gonna blow up or is this a smiple problem that can be fixed if anyone can help please reply. oh there's one other thing i think tapits need adjusting would this be the problem if you can help i would be very happy thank you

Gavin
    Hello Mate couls be the head gasket, I would go get it pressure tested, why do you say the tappets need adjusting?
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
      Hello Mate couls be the head gasket, I would go get it pressure tested, why do you say the tappets need adjusting?

There's knocking sound I took it to toyota on of the guys had a look and he said it was tapits he said it's easy to sort out i can do myself i laughed when he said don't bring it here they charge you and arm and a leg. I'll pop it down my local garage today get them to test it. thanks Charvell

Comment

There has been a few Surfs with this . Jotto found the fault to be the oil cooler/filter housing was loose . Oil was bypassing the gasket and getting into coolant system . Someone else had this recently so it would be worth using the search button and finding the thread . There are pictures of the housing on there to show you .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

There's knocking sound I took it to toyota on of the guys had a look and he said it was tapits he said it's easy to sort out i can do myself i laughed when he said don't bring it here they charge you and arm and a leg. I'll pop it down my local garage today get them to test it. thanks Charvell
          No problem mate, hopefully it will be ok, and its somthing simple, let us know how you get on
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Don't know what to do

Originally posted by charvell
            No problem mate, hopefully it will be ok, and its somthing simple, let us know how you get on

i've just got back from the garage he said it was the head or the oil cooler but with charging me the earth to have a look he wouldn't be able to tell. I did notice that all the water hoses are leaking oil and are all soft would this mean that it been doing for a long time. the garage said it cost me between 600 - 2000 pounds to fix i'm sure this can be done for alot less or am i just kidding my self i'm gutted if it is the head i'll have to s$$$$e it i just afford to repare it. The other thing is i start a job on monday and i need it to get around if anyone knows what i can do please the reply

thanks guys

Comment

this sounds like a job for tonyN... he isnt that far from you
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Here's the link to one other thread.

http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...Cooler+Housing

There's two gaskets inside the housing between the internal oil cooler and housing. I'd recommend you check the oil cooler before the head. This is the cheaper and easier option.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                  Here's the link to one other thread.

http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/pub...Cooler+Housing

There's two gaskets inside the housing between the internal oil cooler and housing. I'd recommend you check the oil cooler before the head. This is the cheaper and easier option.

Nev
                  thanks for the advice i'll let you know what happens time to get me hand drity wish me luck

Comment

thanks for the advice i'll let you know what happens time to get me hand drity wish me luck

hey remmbered something my oil fillter was lose some time ago before i cleaned the rad it been tighten it up and i also looked the the coolent bottle and there's no black oil in there could a lose oil filler course this problem i think all i'm finding is left over oil from before i cleaned the rad i think its coming from the hose's they are soaked with oil. can i buy a hose's replacement kit.

Comment

Regarding different engines, but this might give a bit of an idea with regards
                      to the oil housing:

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...3d80160692.jsp

Comment

hey remmbered something my oil fillter was lose some time ago before i cleaned the rad it been tighten it up and i also looked the the coolent bottle and there's no black oil in there could a lose oil filler course this problem i think all i'm finding is left over oil from before i cleaned the rad i think its coming from the hose's they are soaked with oil. can i buy a hose's replacement kit.

I don't see that being possible. Sounds like, from what I have read here, it will be inside the cooler housing.
                        If it don't work the way you want modify it.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Mammoth
                          I don't see that being possible. Sounds like, from what I have read here, it will be inside the cooler housing.

it was the the oil cooler i've got on order panic over wey way!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X