What MPG should I get out of my 2.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What MPG should I get out of my 2.4?

I bought my 2.4 in March and it was returning around 22 mpg - after a few trips up and down the M40, a few green lanes, play days and 3 bottles of injector cleaner, I recently calculated 25.5 mpg (getting closer to 26).

Is this about right or should I be getting more than this??

BTW - for all you physics types - I'm running on 31" General Grabber AT2s rather than the 265/70 General Grabber UHPs....

TIA

Andrew.
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

I also have a 2.4 with AT2 on it. I get between 25-26 MPG when running about 80-85 mph on the motorway. I know i would get more if i just slowed down a little bit. Its just too much fun!
    Jim
    i like it muddy!

Comment

Originally posted by itbloke@tiscali.co.uk
      I recently calculated 25.5 mpg (getting closer to 26).

Is this about right or should I be getting more than this??
      Hello,

Just about what I get.

A controlled (ie not above 65) 450 mile run to Scotland (I'm in South Wales) no towing, but surf filled to the roof, got me about 28, that's the best I ever got.
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

i worked out that i was getting a touch under thirty, so 28 sounds about right?
        What comes around goes around!!

Comment

28 is a dream, mines returned an average of 20.76. With an all time high of 25.13 and low of 18.09.
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

i worked mine out that i was getting about 25.4 to the gallon and my 3l is about 26mpg
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Mixed driving about 20mpg, towing dont even want to think about it

Spoggle

Comment

that's a lot better than me i think.

Mine does about 350km to 50l, so about 3.5 miles to a litre. Now how many litres to a gallon? if my memory serves me right it's about 4.5. So by rough calculation i'm getting around 16mpg mixed driving. oh bugger.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

yeah me too im almost empty and this tank (altho almost all veggie so not so good) and i just clocked 300kms!!!!!!!
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

depends how you drive, weather conditions and load.

when driving down to cornwall i was returning just under 21 mpg thats fully loaded with three adults and my 16 month old daughter!! and boy has she got some stuff!! why is it that a small child needs twice as much gear as an adult??

on the way back the truck was full to brim with the same stuff and then topped up a little bit more with all the extra stuff (junk) that my other half bought "this does mi head in" as if we ant got enough $$$$ in the house she wants more!! anyway the truck returned approx 26 mpg but there was a back wind (easy tiger) helping the situation a little!!

in total it returned 450 kms to a tank. well wwith the fuel light on anyway!!
                    Last edited by slim; 4 August 2006, 06:56.
                    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Any variation of:

My god, you need filling up again!

is pretty much okay and normal.

Comment

Working...
                      X