clocks on the 3rd gen "96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clocks on the 3rd gen "96

Please could somebody help, I have noticed that the clocks milage and trip on my 3rd gen read in miles instead of km, the face is still the original and where the km/h is there is a piece of tape (which is coming off) covering the "k" to look like m/h. My worry is that the miles of the vehicle are not reading in km and by changing this makes it read more millage than what has been done!! , and if I sell, not that I want to!, no one will believe the millage and say that I have fiddled around with the clocks!!
    How can I change this back to the original as I have a face with both m/h and km/h. to change the trip/mileage back is there a switch or is it a chip?
    The garage I bought it from is no help, been trying to sort it out for a month now

They probably just fitted the convertor and put the sticker on the speedo face, but a good importer will do the correct thing and issue you with a letter or certificate to show the correct mileage, see here http://www.importedvehicles.co.uk/el...ic_speedos.htm

Comment

I had exactly the same thing on mine but as Andy says, you should get a nice certificate stating the mileage in km's before the conversion and what this was changed to in miles after the conversion.

cheers

hawaii
      I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Its OK, just stick the cover over the K better. The speedo chip is a much better way of doing it than the aftermarket faces. Everythings matches properly and the trip and odo are in miles.

The odo should have been wound back to read in miles what the truck had in KM's orginally.

Don't worry about it.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          Its OK, just stick the cover over the K better. The speedo chip is a much better way of doing it than the aftermarket faces. Everythings matches properly and the trip and odo are in miles.

The odo should have been wound back to read in miles what the truck had in KM's orginally.

Don't worry about it.

Multiply by 5, divide by 3. to get the mileage in er, miles!

Comment

My 3rd Generation has had this modification too, much better than the stick on speedo covers. If you ever take your dash pod out to reset the timing belt light, you should be able to see the small unit behind wired in.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Don't worry about it.
              I tried winding mine back and that was that, had to take it to the menders to get it fixed! Only £30 though.
              Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Working...
              X