Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mot

mine went through today passed no advisory
    although he did point out that oil was coming out of oil catch can (very minute amount) is it because it is only about 4-5 inches away from engine breather ??
    iv put a longer tube from breather to occ any other ideas ??? cheers
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Which part of the catch can? Inlet, outlet, drain plug? What bore size are
    your inlet and outlet pipes on the catch can?

Comment

its from the filter on top of catch can ,
      its just an inlet hose ,no hose going out of occ it dosnt go to turbo no more ,
      turbo as little filter as well ,cheers joker

Comment

shouldn't that have failed an mot then? i''m sure the pcv had to be recirculated in all cars now by law. i know they don't test these particular gasses but i'm sure that it should be recirculated for MOT purposes. when i've had motors running like this i've always returned the pcv to normal before MOT's and then changed back after.

i've got a new catch can on mine and tried the filter on top of can but could smell the fumes coming into cab...give me a fcuking headache! anyway, connected a clear hose on the outlet from catch can to air inlet so can see if any oil will get in there, but this should do the job, plus the catch can has a visible oil level on it's side to see when it will need emptying. very nice bit of simple kit!
        i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

I'd say the same as Dave. As far as I know, you're not allowed to vent to
          the atmosphere. You're catching the oil but releasing any vapour. I'd add
          an outlet on to feed it back to the inlet.

Comment

like this one???/ do you think i should run a tube from other pipe to turbo and do away with filter???

Comment

personal preferences matey.

i reckon that the engine bays look better with the bling of a couple of filters. i only recirculated mine because the vented fumes were getting into the cab and making me dizzy! have it which ever way suits you, i've had filters on other motors with no ill effetcs, just put back to recirculate for mots but if you got through that ok even with them noticing you venting to atmosphere then leave it how it is if that's how you like it.
              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

That'd be the easiest way to do it. I could never see the point of having a
                breather filter on the catch can. If you ain't dragging enough air through
                your normal intake, that little breather won't accomplish much. Provided
                the inlet/outlet pipes are large enough bore, there shouldn't be any flowrate
                restriction problem with the can itself.
                Last edited by MattF; 2 August 2006, 19:46.

Comment

cheers lads

Comment

Working...
                  X