Quicky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quicky

When does low fuel light come on in a 3rd gen, as in 2nd gen it came on much quicker.
    Thanks Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

My light comes on when it's about 1/8th on the gauge, but it will come on earlier if braking hard.

You wil find that the 3rd gen gauge is more accurate.

Comment

Whatever happened to the old fashioned method of topping up BEFORE
      the low fuel light comes on?

Comment

Right! i always try to keep my tank full, just in case, can never understand why people run on the limit all the time,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
          Whatever happened to the old fashioned method of topping up BEFORE
          the low fuel light comes on?
          I run mine to the light because I mix Vege with Diesel and like to get accurate ratios.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you use Vege too don't you Philip?
          Just Vegging Out

Comment

hi
            i run my3rd gen above the 1/4 mark. i fill up for long trips which is regular.
            but reason people donot fill to the top is the vehicle weighs enough without giving it extra fuel load.

Comment

Originally posted by Bludger
              I run mine to the light because I mix Vege with Diesel and like to get accurate ratios.
              There's no difference to running it to the almost empty point, and running
              it to the quarter gauge point and then filling up with a known quantity, say
              for example, 20 litres. You still know how much SVO to add to achieve
              your desired ratio, and you're not running the risk of dredging any sh*te
              out of the tank.

Also, if anyone runs it to the limit for the reason of finding out an accurate
              MPG to keep on top of their fuel usage, then I would personally recommend
              getting a more economical vehicle if MPG is that much of a concern.

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                Right! i always try to keep my tank full, just in case, can never understand why people run on the limit all the time,
                I always keep mine above the quarter mark. If it ever went below that,
                I'd be worrying. Wouldn't ever consider running it to the last dregs. Glad
                to see I'm not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by makbar
                  hi
                  i run my3rd gen above the 1/4 mark. i fill up for long trips which is regular.
                  but reason people donot fill to the top is the vehicle weighs enough without giving it extra fuel load.
                  the fact they weigh so much already illiminates any concerns over fuel load. the difference in consumption and performance between quarter tank and a full is nothing, plus if you consider loads that small you'll end up saying " sorry kids, you're growing too quickly, you'll have to walk from now on. " then before you know it you're becoming anorexic to keep the surf's load down. it doesn't really work does it?!?

i keep it full (ish) and don't let it drop below half for 3 reasons. 1. you never know when you'll need to get somewhere on more than just fumes in a hurry. 2. keeps from dragging the sh1te up from the tank. 3. less strain on the pump means it'll last longer.
                  i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Thanks for answers. As yet not run it on veg oil as want to do few fill ups diesel only to get reasonably accurate MPG. Shortly i will then put Combo unit on and start to run veg oil again.
                    Under normal circumstances, i don't run to empty but it would be nice to know if light works or not.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to put 2nd gen bulls on to 3rd gen please.
                    If so please call Tony and tell him.
                    Thanks Philip
                    Still Searching,
                    Dick Whittington

Comment

I can understand why you may be more inclined to do MPG testing, before
                      and after. It's still a debateable testing method, however. Take the weather
                      the last few days, for example. Any tests done last week would vary somewhat
                      to any tests done this week purely down to atmospheric conditions. The only
                      conclusive testing would be a rolling road test.

As to the light, you're going to have to outlast the refill urge. Make sure you have
                      a full jerry can, and then at least you won't be stuck if your light is knacked.
                      Last edited by MattF; 2 August 2006, 19:28.

Comment

I run both my cars low before filling up - I begrudge the time and hassle spent filling up so I do it as infrequently as possible (That way Jackie does the Surf cos she gets to use it more than me !)

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                        X