Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Control - Economical???

Hi guys
    Is cruise control more economical on fuel than standard accel pedal? my mate reckons it is and its something that i would be looking for on my next surf if he is right.

Anybody got any advice/help or even someone with it on their surf.

Cheers
    [U]SORRY OFFICER...I HAVE BEEN IN ALL EVENING...[/U]

yeah, it is... don't think you'll notice a huge difference though.

always recommended on trucks to use it, but they only average 7-10mpg anyway.

i don't find it as comfortable to drive with cruise in a car though...
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Depends how you drive. All it does is maintains a constant throttle setting where appropriate. You should be able to do this with your right foot really. Given the amount of cars on the roads, unless you travel everywhere at 3am, I wouldn't bother.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by TRUCKMAN
        Hi guys
        Is cruise control more economical on fuel than standard accel pedal? my mate reckons it is and its something that i would be looking for on my next surf if he is right.

Anybody got any advice/help or even someone with it on their surf.

Cheers
        Unless you can find a road where you can do a sustained speed for 50 miles or more every day, cruise controls are useless gimmick.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Unless you can find a road where you can do a sustained speed for 50 miles or more every day, cruise controls are useless gimmick.
          hehehe!!... you should see my tacho from saturday... 4.5 hours solid of 56mph... from falkirk to lymm!... never seen such a flat line on a tacho!

shame i didn't have cruise control cos my foot got sore from holding it flat to floor!!

Comment

Where were all the other cars then, or were you flying?

Do trucks still ues those paper disc tachos then, (my name has been on a few!) I though it would all be computerised now or some sort of digital clock type of thing.

Comment

the new digital ones are fitted to all new vehicles as from May 2006...

you gotta have a smart card the you put in it... never used one yet!!

everything else is still on paper disc and the tachographs look more like a cd player...

Comment

The short answer is no. After fitting cruise control my fuel economy has not increased at all. But if you are on a long run, and the rest of the traffic keeps to a steady speed, then you arrive feeling much more relaxed. It's not gonna be long and I'll need an alarm to keep me awake whilst driving.
                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

iv got cruise control on my trooper !! use it when i go to portsmouth etc ,dont find it a great help on the juice (its a alcoholic) but its great if you want to practise your dance steps
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                    the new digital ones are fitted to all new vehicles as from May 2006...

you gotta have a smart card the you put in it... never used one yet!!

everything else is still on paper disc and the tachographs look more like a cd player...
                    slugman no way is your gaffer gonna give YOU a smart card, dumb one maybe, but not a smart....lol....
                    the b****y dogs have been at it again

Comment

Working...
                    X