Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bling!

Hi all..

Im replacing the center silencer box and tail pipe on my exhaust ('95 Surf 3.0TD KZN130). I've got the centre part sorted but I wanted to put a nicer looking bit on the end <---technical girl talk... Can anyone recommend somewhere to get one from? Roughtrax is where I got the other bits I needed but they don't get involved with bling

Thanks

Do you mean this sort of thing?
    http://www.jetex.co.uk/website/lasertailtrims.php

Comment

A mate of mine is making me a new rear section from Jetex bits. A twin pipe thing with an exit either side at the rear, kind of like a V8 Rangey.

We're planning on skipping the rear box as the centre one looks like the main silencer, so it should sound nice too!

Anyone else removed the rear box? Didn't make it TOO loud did it?
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        A mate of mine is making me a new rear section from Jetex bits. A twin pipe thing with an exit either side at the rear, kind of like a V8 Rangey.

We're planning on skipping the rear box as the centre one looks like the main silencer, so it should sound nice too!

Anyone else removed the rear box? Didn't make it TOO loud did it?
        Kitesurf Phil did his and reckoned it was quieter and quicker.

I did wonder what it was for in the first place in that case....

Comment

Re

Look what I got under the arse of mine!

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=16927

I was allowed to choose them when I got a Powerflow system fitted!

NO rear box just a small centre box, sounds great!

Later!

Gary
          Last edited by hellmett; 31 July 2006, 16:39.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Not quite Bushwhacker - I have a trim on the end of the pipe now and you can actually see where its attached so it looks a bit naff. Im thinking more along the lines of what Hellmett has got.. that looks sweet. Where did you get that Hellmett?

Comment

Re

I got it from a Powerflow franchise in Ballymena mate!

It was £350 all in, quite a bargain!

Powerflow will make a set of pipes the way YOU want them to be!

Contact your local Powerflow (or equivalent) dealer and suss out a price, be tight with them and you'll get it very reasonable.

These pipes are well worth it and I guess will be around long after the truck is gone!

Bear in mind Mild Steel ones are nearly the same price!!!!!

Later!

Gary
              Last edited by hellmett; 31 July 2006, 18:43.

Comment

I'll say!.. that really looks the dogs bits tho.. I think I'll need more than a bit of Irish haggling charm to get one sorted for that price!

Originally posted by hellmett
                It was £350 all in, quite a bargann!

Comment

i went to see a garage to get aprice on a stainless steel exhaust he advised just to get from the front box back at the mo as the front no.2 pipe will be expensive and to wait till that part has gone then replace it later.For the no.3 box back he quoted £210+vat don't know if that is expensive or not
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Stormforce - its the centre silencer box (middle section) that i've got to replace - £135 + vat from Roughtrax.. its from that part on that I want something nice to look at!

Comment

Originally posted by Fox
                      Stormforce - its the centre silencer box (middle section) that i've got to replace - £135 + vat from Roughtrax.. its from that part on that I want something nice to look at!
                      yep i was quoted £210+vat from the box back,do away with the back box and have the tail pipe come out from behind rear wheel
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Re

When I done my sums on the mild steel system complete it was non cost effective!

Although a stainless system costs slightly more it is "by far" the best option!

The mild steel ones from Milner's and Roughtrax etc. may be great but will last no time at all on our salt infested highways!

I still reckon that if you get a whole stainless system from turbo down to tailpipe/s it will save you money in the long run!

All you need really is 2.5/3 inch pipe from the turbo shrinking into 2 inch to the centre box and up to 1 or 2 good silencer tailpipes!

You DO NOT need 2 boxes, just a good one in the centre!

My box is tiny (See the pics) and it has more poke and sound brilliant!

It is well worth splashing out and getting the complete system done all at once!

Haggle, haggle HAGGLE!

Gary
                        Last edited by hellmett; 31 July 2006, 18:45.

Comment

Just had mine done last week. Full stainless from the turbo to the tail pipe, just the one box in the middle. Looks good, sounds good but...........cost an arm and two legs £550!!! Dont tell the wife

Spoggle

Comment

had mine done from the front pipe ,finished behind rear wheel in 2 1/2 s/s
                            cost £350
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                            X