Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat-Nav Mounting options??

Hello ppl,

I was wondering if anyone can help. I've got a sat-nav system (PDA with Tomtom), and need some advice on where to mount it. I hate the windscreen mounts, as I've always had problems with it falling off my previous cars.

I'd like to mount it to the dash somewhere, but I don't want the screws visible on the dash. Anybody mounted their sat-nav/pda/phone nice and neatly?? any suggestions where It can be mounted??

Thanks
    Raj
    Raj

might be able to get some mounts that clip into the air vents?
    Gaz

Comment

You can get flexible arms that use the bolt at the front of the runner for the passenger seat.

Comment

I've got my phone holder (also used as GPS) fixed to a home made bracket, that is fitted with the screws that hold the heater controls on.

Just pull off the coloured cover, and on the left side there'll be two screws. I made up a bracket that uses these two screws.

I then just filed a little bit off the coloured bit, to make it fit again.. No visible fixings!!
        It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by patelr
          Hello ppl,

I was wondering if anyone can help. I've got a sat-nav system (PDA with Tomtom), and need some advice on where to mount it. I hate the windscreen mounts, as I've always had problems with it falling off my previous cars.
          I'd like to mount it to the dash somewhere, but I don't want the screws visible on the dash. Anybody mounted their sat-nav/pda/phone nice and neatly?? any suggestions where It can be mounted??

Thanks
          Raj
          mines ok
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

The mounts to look for are made by brodit plus a while back i did see a mount which fixed to the side of the heater vent without actually dismanteling the dash to site it all...

have a look through www.yournav.com or www.pocketgps.co.uk those are the best sites for everything you need to know
            Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
              I've got my phone holder (also used as GPS) fixed to a home made bracket, that is fitted with the screws that hold the heater controls on.

Just pull off the coloured cover, and on the left side there'll be two screws. I made up a bracket that uses these two screws.

I then just filed a little bit off the coloured bit, to make it fit again.. No visible fixings!!

Hi Dave,

Would you be able to post some pictures of your mount??

Thanks
              Raj
              Raj

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks
                Raj

Get her permission first!
                Rick

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks
                  Raj
                  Certainley.

One with the heater panel in place, and one without...

(just looked at the pics... I need to paint the bracket again!!!)
                  Attached Files
                  It just does, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by mtber
                    Get her permission first!
                    It just does, OK?

Comment

Try "smartclips" http://www.handnav.co.uk/product_details.php?id=604 . The push into the gaps in the dashboard where they join, no screws or glue. I use one to mount my XDA exec running TT5 and it works a treat. You will also need the mounting cradle for your PDA, this is just a bare piece of plastic for you to glue / screw what you want to it.
                      Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

cup holder

keeps it out of the sun and never falls off
                        [url="http://www.frappr.com/smurfowners"]Surf MAp[/url]

Comment

Working...
                        X