veggie heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veggie heater

Hi all just need some advice (again ) going to make up a fuel heater out of some 2" copper pipe I have. The thing I need to know is what is the internal dimensions of the water hose and the fuel hose so I can use the right size pipe. I seem to remember that the water is ok with 15mm pipe and fuel is ok with 10mm is this right, and I know I could go look but it ain't broken yet so don't want to undo things until I need to .... Cheers John.....

Fuel line is 10mm on the 3L, 5/8" for the front matrix hose.

Comment

i built one of these and even in the surf they are v-big and have you checked out the price of end caps in 2" about £15ea and when you add the price of hose and anciliries it gets expensive,mine owes me about £45 so far. how about a flat plate heat exchanger you can get `em off the bay and these are much more compact and more efficent,i got one for £14 and used vinegar to clean it out.
      Ray

Comment

Looks like I might be in for an expensive build with the fittings might look at other ways to do it. On the other hand could just buy this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vegetable-Oil-...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

One point to note is that copper apparently has a catalytic effect with
          vegetable oil. As to whether it would be a rapid enough effect to affect
          oil flowing through the exchanger is debatable, but there is a reaction.
          Globulation, if I remember correctly. All other metals should be okay. If
          you are going to build your own, Kunifer, (cupro-nickel), would be a
          better option.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
            One point to note is that copper apparently has a catalytic effect with
            vegetable oil. As to whether it would be a rapid enough effect to affect
            oil flowing through the exchanger is debatable, but there is a reaction.
            Globulation, if I remember correctly. All other metals should be okay. If
            you are going to build your own, Kunifer, (cupro-nickel), would be a
            better option.

Thats why I wanted to have a go my self as was going to use 10mm brake line which appears to be bronze alloy of some type, and just use copper elbows to get the bends.

Comment

most people use copper and dont have a problem,it only seems to be a prob with wvo `cos of acids

Comment

Working...
              X