yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if you eventurally drive out, were you really stuck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you eventurally drive out, were you really stuck?

yesterday driving around cornwall looking for mountain bike trails in the surf we found some very deep mud

i thought i'd drive into it to really see what the truck could do - and of course got stuck straight away. so switching to l4wd, the wheels span and dug the drivers side of the car right up to the bottom of the doors into the clay like mud

two hours later, of digging in clay like jelly, and using branches etc...a nice chap in a landrover discovery pulled up and offered to give us a tow out. he seemes quite happy to be helping us out

but before the rope was attached, i started once again edging back and forth in the newly created swamp when at last the wheels started to find some grip and she roared out of the mire in reverse, low ratio 4wd

the guy in the landy just jumped in his car and cleared straight off, obviously pleased that we were free

my mate said that we were stuck, but i thought are you ever stuck if you manage to s$$$$e out>? perhaps its just driving very very slowly...

after all that, we jet washed the truck down and were gobsmacked to find absolutlely zero damage. you'd never know it was sunk up to the tops of its wheels in $$$$ezen. original tonka toy indeed!

problems? i'll take 'em.

i say that too! if you get out on your own you were not stuck!
    in our SJ I can usually get out on my own (last time involved s$$$$ing all the side of the car and busting the snorkel and losing the wheelarches )
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

if you have trouble in low 4wd in reverse always try high 4wd as it acts as another gear [everyone forgets about this]
      Gaz

Comment

I never get stuck, I sometimes have progress temporarly impeeded though!
        Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Working...
        X