Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

OK, part way through removing my old head, and come to a grinding halt. We cannot figure out how to remove the bolts/nuts that hold the bottom of the inlet manifold in place. We've got the one at the front off, but the other 3 we can't even see how to get to them nevermind undo them. We've removed the throttle body, and the pipe connecting the EGR valve to the throttle, and still no nearer getting a spanner/socket onto the nuts.

Need help/advice/tips please.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Done mine ok with a socket and ratchet with small extension bars but you have to feel where you are going more than see.
    Good luck
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Crack open another beer!

Its doable, you need to feel around a bit and use short extensions and wobbly ended bars. The very back one is easier with the valve bracket for the EGR out of the way.

I generally leave the manifolds on and lift the whole thing out with a engine crane.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        Crack open another beer!

Its doable, you need to feel around a bit and use short extensions and wobbly ended bars. The very back one is easier with the valve bracket for the EGR out of the way.

I generally leave the manifolds on and lift the whole thing out with a engine crane.
        Cheers Tony, that's what we did in the end, but without the benefit of an engine crane. Wondering how easy it is to do a back replacement now.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

I think it called being in traction
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
            Cheers Tony, that's what we did in the end, but without the benefit of an engine crane. Wondering how easy it is to do a back replacement now.
            always take heads of with manifolds still on at work by hand mate
            by the way anyone got a spare spine for sale
            I,LL GO FIRST NO PROB
            (i also juggle dynamite)

Comment

Working...
            X