Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Sensors

Hi all,

Has anyone fitted the 4 sensor audible only kit by Park-It-Right?

I have fitted them OK but the range is only 30cm (instructions and info says 50cm) before the long tone tells you to stop.

How it works with me....

Reverse - beep beep, reverse - beep beep, BANG! - Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

At 30cm I have about half an inch before impact - not good.
    Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

I suppose you could have saved the time and money and just carried on reversing into things...............
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

I use the two reversing sensors that came built into my head, never fails. Plus they also look forwards and all round!!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        I use the two reversing sensors that came built into my head, never fails. Plus they also look forwards and all round!!!!

Ho Ho!

Comment

And you have fitted them where...?

Isn't there something funny about all of those things that says.... mount in plastic bumpers... not steel...? otherwise you reduce the range? sure I heard/read that somewhere...

Alternatively, isn't that what bumpers are for...?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
            Alternatively, isn't that what bumpers are for...?
            or towbars??

Comment

I recently fitted a budget set of fleabay and they work fine..

Initially when fitted the whole system seemed useless but after a bit of tweaking all is good.
              Each transducer sound beam is slighly slewed off centre and by rotating the sensor in your bumper you can adjust the direction and range of the beam. I connected one sensor at a time got the control unit powered up and by rotating it I got the range & direction required per transducer. Then I connected all four up and it works very well.

There are two systems I know off one is the ultrasonic system (sound beams) and the other is an proximity sensor, its a device that generates a a magnetic field and looks for changes in that field as you reverse (other cars etc), bit like a big metal detector, thats the system that does not like metal bumpers.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch
                I recently fitted a budget set of fleabay and they work fine..

Initially when fitted the whole system seemed useless but after a bit of tweaking all is good.
                Each transducer sound beam is slighly slewed off centre and by rotating the sensor in your bumper you can adjust the direction and range of the beam. I connected one sensor at a time got the control unit powered up and by rotating it I got the range & direction required per transducer. Then I connected all four up and it works very well.

There are two systems I know off one is the ultrasonic system (sound beams) and the other is an proximity sensor, its a device that generates a a magnetic field and looks for changes in that field as you reverse (other cars etc), bit like a big metal detector, thats the system that does not like metal bumpers.
                I am trying to fit the 4 sensor Park-it-Right kit, but can only get a 30cm range before impact. I have sent the main unit away for a replacement. Can't work out which way to turn the sensor, there is the word 'top' on them and I have rotated them till I'm blue in the face.

Help !

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

Yeah , but they come with glass assissted system attached
                  Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
                  X